Chapter 90

Zheng Shihai's two boys are not too young. In the past, the family was poor and could not marry their two sons. Now that they have money, this matter cannot be delayed any longer.

In fact, the two boys in his family had already had a crush on the girl, but they were always worried about the money, so when the money of the Zheng family was in hand, they hurriedly wanted to settle the marriage.

The marriage of the second child, Zheng Tianqing, is easy to handle. The girl is from Huangxi Village, and she is also diligent and responsible.

It's just that there is a stepmother in the family who is not very easy to get along with, so the girl has to be stubborn to marry with her younger sister if she wants to get married, and she wants her husband's family to raise more people. In the past, the Zheng family was too poor. result.

But now it's better. The Zheng family has money and has a good relationship with the Huo family. The girl's family can't wait for this marriage to happen quickly, there is no problem.

On the other hand, Zheng Tianjun, the eldest of the Zheng family, has a little problem here.

So that's why the girl's family is proud of it and pays great attention to face. Not only is the dowry more expensive, but the Zheng family has to find someone with status to lose face.

However, Zheng Tianjun insisted on marrying that girl, and those who asked Zheng Shihai to be a father could only do his best.

Huo Chengyi has no comment on this matter. Anyway, he thinks that the three fathers and sons of the Zheng family are quite good. It is not difficult for him to appear, and he is happy to go to such a happy event.

Xiaobai heard that he really wanted to go with him, and the young man likes to join in the fun.

But since he knew he had, the whole family regarded him as a fragile item, not to mention the distant place, even if he wandered around the village, someone had to follow him.

Zhou Dahua put down everything and ran to Huo's house all day to see her precious son.

Huo Chengyi was not that serious, but the girl from the outer village who was proposed by the Zheng family lived far away and had to climb over the mountain. The mountain road was rough and difficult to walk, so he naturally couldn't let Xiaobai follow.

Therefore, Xiaobai's wish was ruthlessly deprived by everyone, and it was pitiful for several days.

Huo Chengyi was soft-hearted by his husband's small eyes, at least he promised to take people out for a few days before he could comfort them.

Three days later, the Zheng family had all the dowry items ready, and they set off early in the morning.

The betrothal gifts prepared by the Zheng family this time can be said to be quite a lot.

The betrothal gold Huo Chengyi didn't ask, but the six-pack of betrothal gifts could be said to be in the lucky number of Liuliu Dashun, and all the Qiaoguoxiye, cloth cabinets, bracelets, necklaces and earrings were prepared.

Jewelry is not cheap, and I am afraid it will cost at least twenty taels together. This kind of dowry is a good dowry in the town, not to mention the countryside.

Moreover, according to the specifications of this kind of betrothal gift, the bride price that the girl's family wants is probably even less. The Zheng family's marriage to this family is a bloody investment.

Forget about their own people, knowing that there are still a lot of fruit wine dividends in the future, the Zheng family will not be poor, and they don't care about the twenty-two.

But in the eyes of outsiders, the Zheng family is just a hunter who has just made a little money. The Zheng family also has two sons. The girl from the outer village needs so much for the bride price and bride price, which is a bit like a lion talking.

Huo Chengyi was a little bit tongue-tied.

If the other girl is a good one, it's worth it, and I'm afraid that I'll run into the kind of in-laws who take someone as a slaughter.

But it's not easy for him to be an outsider. After all, only other people know whether it's worth it or not.

Therefore, he can only wish for the good, and the bride price is second, and it is enough to like it.

But looking at Zheng Tianjun's sullen expression, Huo Chengyi inexplicably felt that the other party should be happy that he didn't have a groom at all...

It's not too far away from the village where the Zheng family hired a girl, but the way to get there is more troublesome. After crossing a mountain, the group of them carried the burden and walked quite hard.

Starting early in the morning, the journey was bumpy until the afternoon before they reached their destination - Hezhuang.

Hezhuang and Hezhuang have the same pronunciation. In fact, Hezhuang used to be called Hezhuang.

It is said that the place where this village is located used to be a big river. Because the poor people living in the surrounding area moved the world with sincerity, God took away the big river and vacated a fertile land for everyone to live in.

Of course, this 'supposedly' must be of a mythological nature. In Huo Chengyi's view, the fact that the river can turn into land is actually caused by geological reasons, not so mysterious.

But it is precisely because of this geological reason that when Huo Chengyi followed the team to Hezhuang, he saw a large area of ​​clay at a glance!

What is clay? As most modern people know, it is the main material for firing porcelain and firing bricks.

In fact, Hezhuang is the largest source of clay for several porcelain kilns in Tongniu County. Apart from farming, the villagers of Hezhuang earn a living by selling clay.

It is precisely because of this that the villagers in Hezhuang are considered to be living well in the surrounding villages, and they are not wealthy, but every household can have enough to eat.

Because he had never come into contact with this piece, the clay used by Father Zhou to burn porcelain was all found by himself by the river, so Huo Chengyi really didn't know that there was a village like Hezhuang with a lot of clay resources on their side.

Staring at the large piece of clay, Huo Chengyi was so excited that he was almost speechless, looking at the surrounding land was like looking at gold.

Of course, he didn't want to do the ceramics business. This business is about a century-old porcelain kiln, which is basically monopolized by a few porcelain kiln owners in the town. It is very troublesome for him to intervene.

What he wanted to do was to burn bricks.

He had this idea when he built the factory before, because it was too expensive to buy the building materials of blue bricks and real tiles.

Especially the blue bricks, because they are all slowly chiseled out by manual labor, the cost is very expensive, and the cost of building a house is too high. It is impossible for a businessman like him to invest a lot of working capital into real estate.

Originally, he wondered if he could find a brick kiln to repair it with bricks, but after looking around, he realized that there was no brick burning in this world.

This is simply too unexpected. Brick-burning was a very ancient craft in his original world. According to his knowledge, it should be available according to the civilization of this world.

Who knew he greatly overestimated the chaos of the overhead age.

It's no wonder that people here measure their family environment by who lives in a brick house, because those who can live in such a cost-effective house are really rich.

However, if he wants to burn bricks, he needs suitable clay, and the demand for bricks for the house he wants to build is too great, and the small amount of clay by the village's river is simply not enough.

Unexpectedly, Hezhuang is actually a source of clay supply. Such a large amount of clay is enough for him to build many factories and save a lot of money, which is really pleasant.

The Zheng family kissed him this time, but it didn't come in vain, and it was really fruitful.

But now is not the time to be excited, so Huo Chengyi quickly calmed down and followed the Zheng family's father and son to propose marriage with a smile on his face.

Because there is a custom of making appointments after negotiating in advance, they are not like headless flies when they arrive at Hezhuang Village. The matchmaker leads the way.

The girl who Zheng Tianjun proposed to marry this time is also very famous in other villages, saying that he is the famous beautiful girl in Hezhuang.

However, she is beautiful, but the girl's home environment is not good, and there seem to be many relatives at home.

When he first entered the door, Huo Chengyi saw that the yard of this family was full of people, and thought that they were all aunts and uncles from the village to join in the fun. It was normal for the villagers to like to join in the fun.

But when he was introduced, he realized that the twenty or thirty people in the He family's yard were all relatives of the He family!

Not to mention Huo Chengyi and the people who carried the betrothal gifts all the way, even Zheng Shihai was startled and touched the sweat on his forehead.

Because there is a custom here, that is, when the man goes to propose a marriage, in addition to the dowry gift, he also has to give the elders and relatives in the house happy money.

The Zhou family had no close relatives, so Huo Chengyi was exempted that time.

It doesn't matter how much money is happy, it's just a festive and auspicious picture to show the man's sincerity and attention, and that in the future, the girl and the younger brother will not be treated badly after marrying.

But the Zheng family has prepared a lot of money for the betrothal gift this time. Moreover, the He

family said before that the family pays attention to face, and hopes that the betrothal gifts will be thicker and the face will look good. When the girl gets married, they will marry the past.

For this reason, Zheng Shihai naturally couldn't ruin his son's marriage, and had to support his waist.

Therefore, Zheng Shihai was planning to give He's family relatives 30 copper coins, neither heavy nor light.

Who knew that there were so many relatives in the He family, twenty or thirty people piled up here!

Rough calculations have to throw at least a few hundred coins out, and they didn't bring so many scattered copper plates when they went out today.

Zheng Shihai was already a little unhappy when he wiped away his sweat.

It's not that he was reluctant to marry his son with money, but his family only had sixty or seventy taels in hand. In order to hire this girl from the He family, the second child had voluntarily backed down and gave most of the money to the boss.

After the marriage is done, it will be a marriage, and then it will be a large sum of money. The dividends of the fruit wine have to be waited for. Now that the money is used up, what will happen to the wedding banquet?

Here, Zheng Tianjun's sullen face is also a bit ugly.

According to the rules of proposing relatives in the countryside, the dowry money prepared by their Zheng family is already generous enough, not to mention proposing relatives in the village, even if they are placed in the town, they will not lose face.

But the He family is better, and now they are calling relatives on the 20th and 30th to ask for money, which is a bit too much.

The two fathers and sons on the Zheng family's face were not very good-looking on the spot.

However, the parents and elders of the He family are still calm, and they are not embarrassed at all.

It means that their daughters have been raised for more than ten years, and they must marry a husband who loves their daughter-in-law.

When it comes to the time of hiring and proposing marriage, if the marriage is not rejected, the Zheng family will lose a lot of face.

To put it badly, Huo Chengyi felt that the He family was selling their daughter at all, and made it clear that Zheng Tianjun liked her daughter to blackmail.

Why do you just want face and don't care about money, and want to find a distressed husband's family for your daughter is just nonsense!

If the He family really thought about their daughter, how could they know that the Zheng family was a small hunter and a poor family, and they demanded so much dowry and betrothal gifts? How can you do something that calls so many relatives to ask for money?

At the beginning, Father Zhou embarrassed him purely because he didn't want to agree to the marriage, and there was no need to be so obstructed by a sincere marriage.

Huo Chengyi stared at the pretentious He Jia and thought, but he couldn't take care of it.

If the Zheng family really wants to get married, I hope the girl from the He family understands herself, otherwise it will be a headache to drag on such a family.

Zheng Shihai's father and son have dark faces, but they have come here, so they can't just throw their hands away because they are unhappy about this.

In fact, what Huo Chengyi didn't know was that Zheng Tianjun insisted on marrying a girl from the He family because the girl was pregnant.

The Zheng family's father and son are sincere and honest people, and they can't do the stupid thing that they can't take advantage of other girls' bodies and abandon them.

So in the end, although the atmosphere was not as happy as expected, the marriage was settled.

Because they couldn't make it back that day, they stayed at Hezhuang at night.