Chapter 141

It's getting colder in the morning as winter approaches.

Before dawn, all the houses in the seaside villages were lit up, and the villagers rustled out of bed.

The Han family living in Haidong Village was earlier than everyone else. At this time, the kitchen of the Han family was already steaming with white smoke, and the aroma of steamed steamed buns came out from it.

The lady of the Han family got up early and started steaming steamed buns, so that when the brothers and sisters got up and washed their faces, they could go out while eating hot steamed buns, saving time and sleeping more.

Winter is coming soon, and the cold weather after the winter will affect the construction of the house.

The Earl ordered everyone to lay down all the foundations of the houses in the county town before winter, so that the construction work can continue in winter, and everyone should live in good brick houses as soon as possible.

Therefore, in order to rush work recently, all the workers involved in the construction are very tired.

There are many men in the Han family, and all the men in the family participated in the construction project this time.

Seeing how tired her husband and brothers looked every day, the frail Mrs. Han couldn't help much, so she did what she could.

For example, if you get up early to make breakfast, the construction site will provide lunch and dinner, but you have to prepare breakfast yourself.

Although everyone has been busy since the construction of the houses in the county town, Mrs. Han is burning the firewood, but her heart is full of anticipation and peace of mind. Jamie

's husband took her to see the county town construction site, where many houses have been repaired.

Sturdy red bricks, neat tiles, two or three-story houses are all built with bricks, and they look strong and beautiful.

It's a bit strange in shape, but it's very imposing, even better than the mansion of the county magistrate count.

Living in such a house is not afraid of rain and water leakage, not afraid of the wind blowing the thatch off the roof, not to mention the sudden collapse of the house in sleep, and it will be warmer in winter.

Her husband said that this is the house they will live in in the future. As long as they behave well and work hard, they will have the opportunity to live in it.

The count himself promised.

Thinking of being able to live in such a nice house, Mrs. Han was very happy.

Seeing that the steamed buns in the pot were almost ready, I took out a few more eggs and threw them into the pot.

Prepare to replenish the body for the man who works at home.

In the past, their family could not afford something as expensive as eggs, but now it is different.

Although a woman like her can't go to the construction site like a man, Lord Earl has set up a place called 'Seafood Dry Goods Factory' in their seaside village.

This factory specializes in processing and drying seafood into dry goods, and recruits women and brothers from the village to work.

Although the salary is not much, the management of meals and the calculation of work points will also provide various benefits. The eggs are saved from these two months of benefits.

As for work points, this is what the villagers value most now.

Because the Count said that in the future, the division of houses will depend on the work points. The more work points, the more houses will be awarded. Otherwise, even if you have money, you will not be able to live in the good houses that are being built in the county town.

The work points can only be obtained by participating in building houses, roads, and working in factories, projects, etc. set up by the Count.

Mr. Earl said that everyone is building in their own homes, and the work points are the records of everyone's contribution. The construction of the city requires everyone's concerted efforts.

Although they didn't understand what the city was built, they were from Haichang County.

The county town is prosperous, and everyone's life will be better.

"Xianggong, second brother, third brother, fourth brother, get up and work..." After

adding the last piece of firewood to the stove, Mrs. Han clapped her hands and called the men in the room to get up.

There are strict rules for work on the construction site. If you are late, you will have to deduct work points. If you have less work points, they will not be able to live in a big house.

"Head of the house, go to work, go to work..."

At the same time, the mother-in-law of other families in the village also patted the men awake one after another.

Those at home go to the construction site, those who go to the factory go to the factory, and those who are busy and looking forward to start a new day of life.

Within a few months, the construction of Haichang County was on track.

When the people in the county were working hard every day, Huo Chengyi was not too relaxed. To tell the truth, Jamie

and Xiaobai have rarely had a relaxed time in these years. Entrepreneurship and construction and development are extremely energy-intensive things.

But as the saying goes, the predecessors planted the trees and the later generations enjoyed the shade. Thinking about the better life for my two children in the future, the two of them, being fathers, would be so tired and willing.

The specific construction and implementation were helped by Huo Dabo Huo Dashan and others, and the economic development was also watched by Jiang Fatzi. What Huo Chengyi and Xiaobai did was planning and capital flow.

Although there is a budget, the actual consumption of funds is much faster than the budget.

They can't blatantly use their own 'private money', and they are still a little bit overwhelmed after spending a few months on Zhao Guo's income.

When he supported the frontline wars before, his working capital in Zhao State was almost exhausted. At this moment, once the construction of Haichang County was implemented, it was almost impossible to make ends meet.

So they have to find a way to solve the problem of funding.

After thinking about it, Huo Chengyi finally sighed and slapped the table viciously.

"Xiao Bai, write a letter from Momo, and ask the old fox to borrow government bonds!"

There is no one who does not owe debts when doing business. With the scale and business of their Huoji firm, he still often has headaches for funds and is helpless.

Who made Zhao State not like modern times, the state has no supportive policies for merchants, and the bank only lends usury and does not borrow merchants' debts.

If he could borrow money from banks and national debts like in modern times, why would he need to worry so much.

Besides, his current headache wasn't caused by Huang Qi's old fox. There's no way for this old man to squeeze him clean!

"Brother Huo, the old fox is not just an old fox, it's just a Pixiu, and it can't get in."

Xiaobai was helpless and aggrieved.

"He's a ghost, he wants the horses to run away, and he doesn't want to feed the horses. How can he break his promise to support the merchants, see if Grandpa won't kill him this time, hehe..."

Huo Chengyi smiled treacherously. It can be seen who the two babies of the Huo family follow.

After planning to negotiate, Huo Jiafufu began to add fragrance to his sleeves, and Yan Mo wrote a letter to borrow money from the capital.

The whole letter Huo Chengyi can be said to have taken out the strength of milk to make up.

Throughout the article, he sold miserably, complained loudly, and turned over the old accounts of his achievements in supporting the war.

The left one is really poor now, and all the money is used to support the court in the war. The right one is very hard, and the people in Haichang County, where birds don't lay eggs, are dying of starvation...

After talking about two whole pieces of nonsense, I went to the main topic, expressing the hope that Your Majesty can understand and support, support and support, borrow some money to tide over the difficulties, and the court tribute in the next two years also hopes to slow down.

Of course, His Majesty is absolutely assured, Huo will definitely repay the principal with interest... It

seems that the emperor who received the letter is inexplicably kind.

"Qi Aiqing, did I squeeze this guy so miserably?"

Huang Qi handed the letter to his confidant minister, stroking his beard and smiling triumphantly.

Huo Chengyi's situation is naturally clear to him. When supporting the war, he also has his own account book, which clearly records how much the Huo family has contributed in those years.

To be honest, he was a little relieved, but more surprised that Huo Chengyi's ability to accumulate wealth far exceeded his expectations.

"Haichang secret letter, Huo Daniu's words are true, in just a few months, the construction of roads and houses in Haichang County is on track, and dozens of large ships have been purchased to form a fleet, and seafood production workshops have been set up in each village. I want to do a big business in marine products."

Qi Zifu folded his hands and smiled after reading the letter.

"Your Majesty, with this person you have the world. With Huo Daniu there, the treasury has no space..."

"That's right, but Huo Daniu is more ghost than you and I thought. Just because he was a commoner and white man in the frontier back then, I dare to negotiate with me empty-handed, this courage and mind are very human, I always feel that something is wrong, that guy is called Huo Caishen."

Huang Qi thought.

"The greatness of the world is not the king's land, and the God of Wealth is also under the jurisdiction of the emperor. Your Majesty does not need to worry. The minister, Huo Daniu, attaches great importance to friendship, and love is his shackles. With his husband and family around, His Majesty can use it with confidence."

"Treasury merchants account for most of the tax revenue, and supporting merchants is not harmful to the court, but the minister feels that Huo Daniu has a thorough understanding, the country is rich and the people are strong, the people are strong and the country is rich..."

Qi Zifu analyzed it carefully.

Huang Qi listened without saying a word, and was silent for a long time before nodding and smiling.

"Then let Aiqing handle this matter. By the way, how many prisoners of war are left in Lu country?"

"One hundred thousand."

"Then send General Li to escort these hundred thousand prisoners of war from Lu country to Haichang . Let the county serve, so that the kid will not call me stingy."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Qi Zifu took the order.

Two months later, Huo Chengyi received the silver and the surprise that 100,000 captive coolies were rushing to Haichang County.

Jamie

, this is a real surprise.

Yinzi can think of a way, but the labor force is not easy. There are few local people in Haichang County, and it will not be able to attract many foreigners to gather in a short period of time.

Although he has mobilized the entire Haichang County, and has drawn many people from the business to help, there are still not enough people.

Both the construction of houses and the marine economy require people and manpower, which are important basic conditions for the development of ancient times.

100,000 prisoners of war came to serve, it is really timely, without the permission of the emperor, who would dare to accept so many people privately?

He only needs to take care of the rations for these 100,000 people, and does not need to pay extra wages, which saves a lot of construction costs.

It was rare for Huo Chengyi to feel a little more at ease.

But this still didn't change his opinion on Huang Qi. He didn't shake M, the wool was on the sheep, and the benefits the emperor took from him was far more than the patronage.

Who doesn't know how to give a sweet date trick with a stick.

The old fox is still a fox, and he is so good to him at the moment, not because he wants to contribute more to the national treasury in the future.

Moreover, besides helping him, the 100,000 prisoners of war were afraid that it was the emperor who had a headache and how to deal with it, so he just gave him the best of both worlds.

Huo Chengyi clearly understood, but he didn't care.

After being squeezed by the old fox for seven years, it's time for him to collect the bills. The court shaved so much wool off him, and it would be fine if he didn't take good care of him.

This time he has to let the old fox know what it means to owe money is the uncle!