Chapter 107

The house wasn't built overnight, so I'm not in a hurry for the time being. There are two talented people in the village this time, and everyone is thinking about how to worship their ancestors to celebrate.

This is the custom in the village, and whenever there is a New Year or a festival or any happy event worthy of the whole village, ancestor worship will be held.

For this matter, the entire Huangxi Village stopped what they were doing and joined the arrangement of ancestor worship.

There is rarely such a lively atmosphere in modern times, and the busyness of the villagers makes Huo Chengyi have a special infectious expectation.

No matter how busy he was these few days, he also let go of his work and helped Xiaobai to watch the fun every day.

As a result, when he appeared, it was not him watching the fun, but everyone watching him.

Although everyone has seen what he looks like, it is different now. He is a famous person in eight townships. Now when people in the village talk to him and meet him, they have the feeling of meeting a star idol.

And Huo Chengyi is more easy-going when he doesn't get angry on weekdays.

The aunts in the village like to chat with him, because his modern sense of equality is unique here.

In addition to this, the biggest reason for the aunts in the village to turn around him is actually to see if he has any idea of ​​taking a concubine.

This is not because the villagers want to send him a person to block, but the instinctive ideological trend of the masses of the world. Three wives and four concubines are a common concept here.

Although the village is basically monogamous, it does not mean that everyone really only has one marriage.

It's just that the poor in the countryside don't have the ability to raise more people, so they don't take concubines. Once they have money, most people will take one or two more concubines.

Concubines are already a symbol of elegance and face among the rich, if not, they will be ridiculed.

Perhaps in the eyes of modern people, this is really an unbearable idea, but this is the case in this era, and there is no way to avoid it.

Now the Huo family is getting richer and richer, and the villagers don't know the specifics, but just looking at the more than 100 workers and their families that the Huo family supports is proof of absolute financial strength.

Don't think that raising a person to eat is easy. How many poor families give away children because they can't afford to raise them.

But Huo Chengyi, not only raises the workers, but also raises the wives and children of the workers for nothing, with food, drink, and lodging. Can you do this without money!

As the saying goes, if the Huo family wants to take a concubine, they will definitely choose the one from their village.

Therefore, the lively arrangement of the sacrificial ceremony did not seem to be considered, Huo Chengyi became a national treasure panda first, and was surrounded by a group of aunts and said a lot of nonsense.

If you are timid, you will ask politely, and if you are timid, you will simply take your daughter and brother at home, or a girl of the right age from a relative's family to slip out.

No one has any bad intentions, that is, people in the village are worried if they want their children to marry a rich man and live a good life.

Therefore, the villagers had a tacit understanding and chose when Xiaobai was not there, when he acted alone.

Otherwise, the Zhou family, no, now he is the husband of the Huo family's little tiger, and he just wants to be beaten!

Facing such aunts who enthusiastically promoted their daughters, Huo Chengyi of course strictly refused.

He and Xiaobai are united by love, how can more people intervene.

All the aunts are very sorry.

At the same time, they felt even more regretful. Why didn't they see that the Huo family's big bull was such a promising and dedicated person.

As long as they had a little vision at that time, this potential stock was their son-in-law and son-in-law!

"I think Daniel had been courteous to our Xiaolian back then. At that time, I thought that Daniel was unreliable, otherwise our Xiaolian would be happy now...

" It's a rare good man who loves him. Anyone who gets married will have a good life, and he really lives up to the saying that the prodigal son will never pay for his return."

"But Brother Bai is also a lucky and capable man, and he will get married within a few months. Now, I heard that they are still twins. At the beginning, the Chen family disliked the divorce, but now I regret it, hahaha..."

"If you want to regret it, it should be the Liao family, and the good golden turtle son-in-law does not want to be the Liu family. Concubine, it's a waste of money and people."

"It's not necessarily true, haven't you heard? Hongyu from the Liao family seems to be getting married again, and I heard that he is a rich and prestigious..."

"Really The girl of the Liao family is also very powerful..."

The gossip in the village has always spread quickly, the ancestor worship ceremony in the village has not yet started, and the girl of the Liao family is about to get married again, and the object is the news of the rich in the town. It spread quickly.

Huo Chengyi also helped Xiaobai to hang out in the village for the past two days to watch the excitement, so naturally he heard about it.

Because he had confessed his past to Xiaobai, Xiaobai no longer felt threatened by Liao Hongyu. He knew that his brother Huo would not like Liao Hongyu.

But for Liao Hongyu's remarriage to be able to climb the ranks of the wealthy people in the town, it is really the pinnacle of the world view.

He couldn't understand why he had such a bad reputation in the first place, and why it was so difficult to become a parent.

And Liao Hongyu also has a bad reputation now. It's really shocking that people can marry so well after a second marriage.

Not only Xiaobai, but many girls and brothers in the village think this way, especially those who haven't married yet, they can't figure it out.

But this is different for Huo Chengyi.

"You are different from her. What you want is a man you like, and Liao Hongyu wants wealth and prosperity, so she can marry someone she doesn't love, and she doesn't care how bad her reputation is, and my little white is Unique."

"Well, Brother Huo, I don't envy Liao Hongyu, I just think she is too powerful..."

Xiaobai was still amazed at the news of Liao Hongyu's remarriage.

"Actually it doesn't matter, Liao Hongyu can marry again because she is still young and good-looking, and secondly, she has a good brother. I estimate that most of the people who marry her are because Liao Bocai was admitted to the scholar."

"Liao Bocai. He is only in his twenties this year, and he is very hopeful that he will continue to improve in the future. Even if he fails to pass the exam, if he has enough money, he can buy a sesame official to be a small official..."

Buying an official was not uncommon in ancient times. The court lacked money to sell some unimportant official positions, and the rich spend money to buy face and prestige.

If a lucky county magistrate like Fang magistrate, the county under his jurisdiction is a little richer, the oil and water will be considerable.

However, Zhao Guo also has restrictions on buying officials.

Those who want to spend money to buy an official must at least be a scholar and famous, and at the same time, such a person who buys an official is basically hopeless for promotion.

Originally, Huo Chengyi had also thought about whether to grit his teeth and collect money to buy Huo Zhuyuan the county magistrate position in Tongniu County.

But thinking about it, he still gave up. His uncle, the second kid, is a good reader, talented but not pedantic. Once he takes the official road, he is very hopeful to climb up.

Huo Zhuyuan is still young, and he will take the test a few years later.

Most of the people who married Liao Hongyu this time had this idea in mind, that there was a relative of the county magistrate who was enough to walk sideways in this small place.

"Ah, Brother Huo, if Liao Bocai really became a county magistrate, he would definitely not like to see us at that time, and he would make a stumbling block for us..."

Xiaobai responded quickly, and immediately grasped the point after hearing it.

"Don't worry, as the saying goes, the first is the strongest, and the second is the worst. Instead, let's take time to visit Master Li."

"What are you doing with Master Li?

" Liao Bo wants to buy an official with these shortcuts, and he has to see if he, an upright teacher, and other classmates will answer..." There

are many people who want to become an official, and Liao is not the only scholar in Tongniu County. son of the family.

Now that the county magistrate has resigned and the position is vacated, Tongniu County is a good county seat. I am afraid that many people will stare at this position.

It is not so simple for Liao Bo to break out of the encirclement and take the top position.

The gossip of the Liao family spread vigorously, and the ancestor worship ceremony in the village was also lively.

In order to celebrate the happy event of two talented people in the village, the villagers worked hard, and every household even collected a lot of money.

Uncle Huo bought two fat pigs and killed them for the ancestor worship feast with the money that everyone gathered.

Because he was happy, he also bought the sweet cake with the character of blessing from the dim sum shop with his own pockets, and prepared a piece for everyone in the village.

Everyone in the village laughed heartily. This sweet cake is not cheap. It costs two cents a piece. Uncle Huo's handwriting is really generous.

On the other hand, the Liao family didn't say anything at all, not to mention sweet cakes, not even a candy bar.

You must know that the people in the village have more or less sent things to the two scholars. Even if they don't want to interact with the Liao family, they don't favor one over the other.

But the Liao family is good, and it's not that they don't have money. It's too stingy to be like this.

The critical moment is good or bad, and everyone can see it clearly now. The Liao family is selfish and has no sense of honor in the same village.

The Liao family has no feeling at all about this.

They were busy serving their son, who earned face for the family, and discussing the good news of their daughter's remarriage.

Not to mention other people in the village, even their own relatives, the Liao family, looked down on them.

Liao Bocai and Liao Hongyu didn't come out to meet people, but the two of the Liao family just saw people with their nostrils turned upside down, and their relatives and sisters-in-law were so angry that they died.

These people are not as good as Huo Chengyi, who can turn a blind eye or listen to them without caring.

When I thought of the Soybean incident that was innocently implicated by the Liao family, now that the Liao family is healed and their butt is up, I suddenly felt unbalanced and exploded again.

When the female concubine saw Madam Liao, she would go up to satirize and quarrel.

The male brother continued to deal with the elders of the clan at the beginning, and went to give Liao Da Cai a sack in the dark and windy night.

A group of relatives and friends of the entire Liao family have fully covered up what it means to hurt each other...

So when the ancestor worship ceremony, the Liao family, except for Liao Bo, showed their faces. not seen.

The Liao family's relatives and friends let out their grievances and sat in a good mood at the scene of the ancestor worship banquet with the villagers gulps of pork and sweet cakes to celebrate.