Mountain - Alley Kitten

Your hand intertwined with Mountain's as the sun was finally down. You rested your head against his shoulder.

*I'm 5'10 so I don't know exactly how to do a short person POV😭*

"Did you hear that?" You say as you stopped walking. Mountain turned to look at you with a confused face.

Meow

"There!" You say.

"Yes I hear it. Sounds like it is coming from the alley there." He says. You quietly look inside, turning on your phone flashlight. A little brown, black, and white kitten darted from a trash can to a box.

"Awe!" You heard Mountain say quietly. He slowly stepped forward and went over to the kitten. It meowed at him as he gently picked it up. You smiled at the sight.

"Hey there little baby." Mountain cooed to it.

"Let's go take it back to the church! I'm sure papa wouldn't mind. We can stop off at the DG and get some kitty food and some litter!" You encouraged.

"Yes, let's do that." He nodded. You smiled as he started walking beside you again, holding the small kitten.

"How old do you think it is?" He asked.

"By the size, I would say 8 weeks roughly." You said. Mountain smiled down at the small bundle that started purring in his arms. You quickly went into the store and got kitten food and litter. Then you both quickly went to the church and went straight to the kitchen. Sunshine and Swiss were eating cheese and crackers as you entered. They both looked up, their eyes going straight to the sleeping kitten in Mountain's arms.

"Oh my gosh! Is that a kitten!" Sunshine gasped.

"Yea. We found it in an alley." Mountain said with a smile as you set up the litter and used the dish you bought and filled it with the food. You added a little milk to it to soften it.

"Here baby." You said to the small kitten as you took it from your boyfriend.

"Do you know what the gender is?" Sunshine asked.

"It's a girl." You said after you lifted up her tail. The kitten went straight to the food, quickly woofing it down.

"What should we name her, Mounty?" You ask.

"I'm thinking." He chuckled.

"What about S'mores?" Sunshine asked. You gasp at Sunshine, a smile on your face.

"That's adorable!" You say.

"I like it." Mountain nodded.

"Me too." You nod.

"I think she needs a bath." Swiss chuckled.

"Yea, she does." You said as you pulled out pet shampoo. You started taping warm water as Mountain brought S'mores over. She started hissing and digging her claws into Mountain's hands.

"Shh, it's okay." He said softly to her, ignoring the pain that she was causing. He gently put her in the warm water and you slowly poured water over her. You poured a little shampoo on her and Mountain quickly washed her. You got a towel and Mountain wrapped S'mores in it.

"It's okay. We'll get you warmed up and dried off." He said softly, going over to sit in a chair as he held in. You looked over at him with a smile. He gently started drying her off, talking to her calmly. You watched him, your heart fluttering with love for him.

"You really love him, don't you?" Sunshine whispered. You nodded with a smile.

"Yea, I really do."