Chapater 67 - Ryoka In Our Midst (filler)

Ari Kurosaki's POV

The squad 1 barracks - meeting room.

"Thank you Captain Kurosaki for addressing these matters quickly. We will place him under arrest and he will be faced with further questioning." The head Captain states gruffly

I nod my head in response, as I'm panting lightly in exhaustion.

"Captain Kurosaki. Sorry you had to go to such measures, considering your state of health."

I continue to heavily pant, and disregard my well being, making sure that the soul society is my priority always. "Thank you Head Captain Sir. Its the only logical thing to do, the soul society is my home, and I shall protect it at all costs."

He softly nods in agreement, he slams his wooden cane against the floorboards gaining everyone's attention. "Anyone who encounter's an ryoka is to eliminate them without hesitation".

The Captain's meeting ended as the head Captain dismissed everyone. 2 stealth force member's lifted up the unknown man from off the floor and escorted him away.
I stood in my place watching some of the Captain's leave the meeting room.

Toshiro was by my side instantly and wasted no time in wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him like it was instinct. "Im glad that your okay! What the hell happened?"

I pull away from the embrace, holding a confused expression on my face. "I honestly don't know. It didn't add up as to why this random stranger wanted to kill me. Hopefully with some further questioning on him we can find out something".

Toshiro hummed in agreement. But his facial features held another emotion, one of concern and worry. "Please let's get you back to squad 4. Ari your wound."

My eyes widen in realization, completely forgetting about my wound's. I was way to exhausted to argue with him, and I only nodded my head in response.

(Time-skip) - 3 hours
Squad 4 barracks

I was currently laying peacefully in my bed, getting some well deserved rest from earlier events.
Everyone was stationed to locations, in hope's of finding any ryoka.
My Lieutenant, my 9th squad was at the front lines already stationed in the east of the seireitei. Toshiro and his squad were also out there stationed and ready to fight.
I was stuck here while everyone had a job to do. I exhale a sigh, and roll my eyes in annoyance. Still not understanding that I need to sit out of this fight, let everyone take care of it.

I thought the best thing to do was to try and get some sleep, I could feel my eyes start to het heavy and I let myself fall in a deep slumber.

(Timeskip) 2 hours later.

I was suddenly awoken from my deep slumber, seeing 2 people dressed in tanned colored cloaks covering there bodies and face.

I groan from my abdominal injury as I clutch my side, and quickly stand to my feet feeling the cold floorboard's against my bare feet.
"You both are clearly the ryoka!"

1 of them has there zanpaukto on guard. "So this is the brat that caught Yukichi"

I stand in a fighting stance. "What exactly is going on here?."

"You will find out in due time Captain". They say in a teasing manner.

"Enough of your games, just know that whatever it is that your planning to do, you won't succeed" I threaten.

"Oh! And why is that?" He adds

"Because I'm going to kill you myself". I say sternly. Already having enough of these ryoka.