Chapter 79 - Amagai's True Strength

Ari Kurosaki POV

I was silently wondering in the murky sewers hoping to find ichigo and Rukia.
I continued to walk seeing a few area's were lit up with candles every few meters.
And to my luck I could see them sitting on the ground. It looked like they were taking a rest.

"Sorry. I'm sure this makes you uncomfortable." I hear ichigo say in a sincere tone.

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. The important thing is we have to find Rurichiyo." A young boy urges both ichigo and Rukia. He must be the boy they took as a hostage.

"I understand. But we are wanted, and soul reapers are looking for us. If we go out now, we're as good as captured." Rukia explains

"Ichigo, Rukia." I say standing behind them.

"Captain Kurosaki!" Rukia says formally as she turns around facing me.

"Ari hey! What are you doing here?" Ichigo's says in surprise.

I gave a light smile. "I'm here to help".

"Help us?" Ichigo carefully questions.

I nod my head. "Rukia is right all the thirteen court guard squads are looking for all of you." Before I could continue Rukia was quick to cut me off.

"I'm sorry to cut you off Captain Kurosaki. But why? Won't you get in trouble for helping us."

"Yes and that's a risk I'm willing to take for the soul society. I feel like everything happening is all linked and we all are going to find out why!."

"Before we continue." Rukia holds a light smile as she points to the young boy. "Captain Kurosaki this is Shū Kannogi."

I take my attention away from ichigo and Rukia and turn to the boy with a kind smile. "Hi nice to meet you."

"Hello Captain" shū says and formally bows.

"Ahh! No need to be formal with me." I say not expecting the boy to greet me in such a manner I should be giving him the royal greeting.

It fell silent for a few moments and I could feel Ichigo's spiritual pressure rise. "We still have to look for her. Any idea where she is?" Ichigo asks Shū in hopes he might know.

Shū holds his lips in a frown as his cheeks turn a bright red like he is embarrassed . "The truth is..... I've never even walked around outside the palace grounds."

Ichigo gasps in surprise as he looks at Shū like he was crazy.

"I've seen a bit of the world while riding through town, in my sedan chair though." Shū adds as he is holding his hand to his chin in thought.

"I can't believe it. Are all you nobles like this?" Ichigo sternly questions.

"Not everyone. I heard that Rurichiyo used to sneak out every once in a while. But I was too scared to go with her." Shū nervously explains.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself." Rukia reassures the young boy.

"Look, she couldn't have been taken very far. She's probably somewhere inside the Kasumiōji palace. Should we try breaking in again?" Ichigo tried to suggest.

Hearing ichigo say those words made me think back to the Captain's meeting when soi-feng was trying to explain to the head Captain about Gyōkaku Kumoi the Kasumiōji clan's senior retainer. He wants the help but won't allow any soul reapers on the palace grounds maybe that's why? He is definitely hiding something.