Chapter 83 - Suppress the house of Kasumioji

3rd persons POV

"For generations, the Kasumioji clan forged heirloom swords for the royal family to be used for ceremonial purposes. The techniques to make these swords were kept secret, and for that reason, the Kasumioji have maintained the right of immunity. However, certain factions within the clan have taken advantage of this cloak of secrecy and have broken the taboo against the production of forbidden blades, such as the one you see before us. Now that we know what they've been up to. We must move against the Kasumioji immediately." The head Captain explain thoroughly

"Head Captain, did you expect this to be uncovered when the substitute soul reapers went—" the head captains lieutenant sasakibe says questionably

The head Captain just hummed in response and walks forwards towards the edge of his office's balcony. "I'm assigning Captain Kuchiki of squad 6 to lead the raiding party."

"Yes, sir." Lieutenant Saskibe says firmly.

"What? What do you mean a change of orders?" Rangiku says in shock.

"Yes, ma'am. We are now being told to seize the Kasumioji clan." A random squad member inform the strawberry blonde lieutenant.

"What are you talking about? That's the opposite of what we were told before" Rangiku says again in confusion as she places her zanpaukto back in its stealth.

"That's the word from headquarters."

"If that's the case, I guess we don't have to fight anymore." Rangiku says nonchalantly

Rukia smiles in relief. "Finally, some good news."

After the moment of calm they all shared they heard commotion coming from afar.
As Kasumioji assassin's came charging in and attacking Rukia, Rangiku and random squad members.

Rangiku forces 1 backwards in a grunt. "Who are they?"

"They're trained assassins from the Kasumioji clan. I should've known." Rukia explains while grunts in efforts in forcing the assassin backwards.

Rukia and Rangiku were back to back surround by the assassins. "Be careful, Lieutenant. These man are using a forbidden blade called the bakkoto."

"Bakkoto?" Rangiku says in shock as she glances at the assassins arm covered in flesh from the handle.

"It's the secret, the Kasumioji clan has been protecting." Rukia yells out explaining the weapon further.

"Interesting. Then we can use our entire arsenal, right?" Rangiku cheekily smirks chanting her zanpaukto release. "Growl, Heineko!" As dust and ash appear in the area attacking the assassins knocking them down to the ground.

But suddenly orange light glows around the bakkoto weapons attached to them. Rukia and Rangiku gasp as the assassins are back on their feet charging at them again.

Rukia has her sword clashed against the assassin grunting in efforts to keep him at bay. Rangiku turns her head towards rukia. "I don't understand. Don't they feel any pain when they're attacked?" Rangiku says catching herself completely off guard as 4 assassins were charging towards her.

But luckily Shūhei came to the rescue and attacked sending the assassins flying backwards. "Shūhei!" Rangiku says in relief.

"The head Captain has given the order to raid the clan's palace. From what I heard. The Kasumioji are accused of treason". Shūhei firmly explains addressing the rumors spreading throughout the seireitei.

Both Rangiku and Rukia gasp. "His orders are to assist the substitute soul reaper."

Suddenly everyone is charging inside the palace grounds attacking any assassin in sight.

(Timeskip)

Ari Kurosaki POV

Toshiro, Captain Amagai and I are upon a roof as we see squad members raiding inside the Kasumioji palace.

"Looks like they were able to make it in time." Captain Amagai says nonchalantly.

Toshiro turns around in a gasp seeing Captain kuchiki standing near the edge of the roof. "Captain Hitsugaya. It appears evidence of treason in the form of forbidden arts has been found in the Kasumioji clan. We've been given orders to take over immediately."

"Treason?" Toshiro says in shock looking back to captain Amagai and myself as I nod my head.

"I'm glad we're back on the same side. Captain Hitsugaya. This could have been unpleasant" Captain Amagai says and flash steps disappearing in sight leaving us behind.

"Wait. Come back." Toshiro loudly yells out in frustration.

It fell silent among us, but toshiro didn't waste anytime wrapping his arms around me. "Please don't ever do that again"

I softly smile at him. "Never"

Toshiro and i pull away from our embrace as we see Rangiku land on the roof beside us. "Captain, what's happening?"

Toshiro has his arm crossed against his chest, and shifts his gaze to his Lieutenant. "Just what it looks like. As confusing as this seems, this was all part of the head captain's plan."

"What are you talking about?" Rangiku says more confused.

"It's the Kasumioji clan. They're protected by their aristocracy. Under ordinary circumstances, nobody could interfere with them." I clarify.

"The head Captain had received information some time ago that the clan was up to no good, but he had no way to go after them. By chance, ichigo came along and got involved in their affairs, so he used him." Toshiro firmly adds in.

"Without telling him?" Rangiku questions

"He couldn't take the chance. It shows how much he trusts in Ichigo's abilities. He's wily old fox." Toshiro compliments the head Captain.