Chapter 5 - The Soul Reaper Academy

Timeskip: Ari turns 8 in a week. 

Ari's POV

It has been 1 full year since I enrolled in the soul reaper academy. I have learned to control my spiritual pressure, fighting strength and harness a zanpakuto. In fact I have excelled in all my classes that, I'm the top student in the academy. The head captain, Genryūsai Yamamoto. Had his beliefs that I would be a child prodigy just like Gin Ichimaru, he graduated from the 6 year program in 1 year and is said to already to take on a lieutenant rank. All the 6th year students have 1 week until there graduation which I will be joining, and because of my abilities apparently a lot of the 13 court guard squads have been requesting me as a subordinate. But we students have been given the option to apply for any squad that suits best. To be honest, I haven't really thought of what squad that I wanted to join, I know all the other students in my year still have 5 more years until they graduate and to decide on a perfect squad for them. All the 6th year students have probably also chosen there squads to. As I thought of all the squads none has really caught my eyes. I'm sure when it is graduation, my heart and soul will direct me to what squad I need to be in.

I finally decided to get up from my bed, I turned my gaze towards my alarm clock on my bedside table, the clock read 5am. Class will start at 6am. I went to my bathroom connected to my room, and started undressing my clothes, I turned the tap knobs of the shower and adjusted the temperature of the water making sure it wasn't to hot or cold. When the temperature was just right I stepped inside the shower and closed the glass door behind me. I brought my head under the water washing my face and hair, feeling content.

Once I was showered I dried my hair and dressed into my uniform for the day, wearing the usual white shihakushō with red stripes, and for boys they wore blue and white, as I finished tying my sash around my waist I went to my full length body mirror to make sure that I looked presentable once satisfied I turned back to my alarm clock on my bedside table and it read 5:32am. I smiled, knowing I still have plenty of time until my 1st class starts. I stepped out my dorm room, the academy gave me for the year of being here. I locked the door behind me and started walking down the corridor to my class. As I walking silently a few students were going to there lockers collecting text books and meeting up with friends. Once I got to my class I walked inside and took a seat in the middle, a few of my class mates were already sitting in seats getting ready for the day.

As I patiently waited for the class to begin I rested my elbow on the desk in front of me and placed my chin in my hand, feeling bored. I looked around the class seeing more students pile in finding a seat. The seat next to me was free until a boy named kai youri sat there. He always speaks to me when I have this class in the morning he is quite the talker which I don't have the energy for.

"Good morning Ari". He kindly greeted. I hummed in response still tired wishing I could be in my comfy bed instead. "Oh C'mon Ari how can you be so cranky in the morning? He stated in a cheery tone. "Especially knowing that your the only one in our class that gets to graduate". He expressed excitedly. I lifted my chin from my hand and turned my gaze towards Kai and stared at him blankly. To tell you the truth all the students in my year hate me for graduating so early most of them think I cheated to finish such a long program in a year. I didn't think I could either but here I am 1 more week away from becoming a soul reaper. "Good morning class". Our teacher sternly greeted gaining all of our attention. "This week  we will have special guests joining us from the 13 court guard squads, even though your 1st years don't doubt yourself who knows maybe a captain will notice your abilities and have you when you graduate". Our teacher mentioned with a positive tone. In today's class we will be learning the history of the soul society oh so fun noting the sarcasm. I was looking through my text book writing information or key words I could remember about the soul society as I continued to write down words which turned into a paragraph in my book. I tore my gaze away from my book and looked at the clock seeing that we still have 15 minutes until this class is over. My hand was beginning to cramp from all the writing I've done. So I laid my pencil down on my page resting my hand a little, and sighed. "Students please welcome some of our captains from the 13 court guard squads". Our teacher spoke proudly giving them a formal bow as they entered the room standing against our black board. All of the students including myself stopped what we were doing and stood to our feet, also giving the captains a formal bow.