Chapter 78 - Ichigo is Surrounded

Ari Kurosaki POV

I was currently sitting with my elbows leaning against my wooden desk, and my hands were resting at my chin. I was listening to a secret remote squad member.

"Your brother, Ichigo Kurosaki also known as the substitute soul reaper, as well, as miss Rukia Kuckiki tried to stop the wedding of Lady Rurichiyo Kasumiōji and Sir Shū Kannogi. This information has been reported by Captain Suì-Fēng and the stealth force. They witnessed 1 of Lady Rurichiyo's bodyguard's, Enryū intervened with his shikai and destroyed a building in the process. The end result of this caused Ichigo Kurosaki and Miss Rukia Kuchiki to take Shū Kannogi as a hostage and they made an escape."

I clench my jaw listening to this information refusing to believe that my brother would do this willingly, there had to be a reason. "You're dismissed". I say bluntly, and I watch the secret remote squad member leave my office.

(Time skip) - squad 1 barracks
Assembly hall - Captain's meeting.

"Impossible. Not Rukia and Ichigo." Captain Ukitake says in surprise.

Suì-Fēng was reporting every bit of information to the head Captain, as I shift my gaze I see Captain Amagai step out of the line. Once again speaking out of line. "Excuse me. Who is Ichigo Kurosaki? And is he related to Captain Kurosaki?"

I clenched my jaw hearing my name leave his mouth.

"I forgot. You've never met him, have you Captain Amagai? He's a human substitute Soul Reaper who we're beholden to for helping us in the past. Also Captain Kurosaki and Ichigo Kurosaki are brother and sister. They're twins" Ukitake quickly Briefed Captain Amagai on the details.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment, not wanting him to know anything.

"Substitute Soul Reaper? I didn't realize there was such a position. Twins that's interesting" Captain Amagai says in surprise

Suì-féng bluntly continued from where she left off. "Kurosaki and Kuchiki took Shū Kannogi, son of the Kannogi clan. Together, they escaped to the seireitei grounds, where we picked up their trail. They're good, but squad two has been successfully tracking them. Still, considering Ichigo Kurosaki's power, I believe we need reinforcements."

Captain Amagai steps forwards determined. "In that case, it make sense for me to go. Since you're all obviously quite close to them, it may prove difficult for you to bring them in."

I share a gaze with Toshiro, and his eyes widen in slight movement and shakes his head from left to right, knowing that I will snap.

I took a step forwards out of line and stare down Caotain Amagai.

"Captain Kurosaki do you have something to elaborate on?" The head Captain questions me.

"Yes head Captain sir. I would like to elaborate on Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, the Kasumioji clan and lastly Caotain Amagai". I emphasize.

"Well speak". The head Captain says with a wave of his hand to be quick with it, but I don't think everyone will like what I have to say.

I turn to face Captain Amagai directly. "You!! I don't like you!"

Captain Amagai widen's his eyes in shock. But before he could add in I was quick to cut him off.

"You may have everyone fooled! But not me, and the truth will come out." I raised my voice. I quickly turned away from Captain Amagai and stared at everyone else around the hall.

"And all of you should be ashamed!" I firmly state.

Captain Ukitake spared me a soften glance and stepped out of the line. "Captain Kurosaki, why the sudden outburst? Ichigo and Rukia have done something unforgivable and we are here to assess the situation."

I shake my head from left to right, feeling more angry that he tried to call this an outburst. "I know my brother, and all of you should know better! Ichigo may be irrational with action, but he always has a purpose for doing the things he does." I try to reason.

Captain Ukitake looked towards the floorboards, in shame. As he should. The hall fell silent a little too silent for my liking.

I was about to open my mouth but the head Captain loudly cuts me off. "Enough, Captain Kurosaki know your place." I drag my head down in defeat and step back in line. I shift my glum gaze from the floorboards to stare at Toshiro and he held a soft expression, like he felt my pain.

"I approve of Captain Amagai's plan. Deploy your men immediately to the seireitei. Squads 2 and 3, i order you to capture the substitute soul reaper, Ichigo Kurosaki, and Rukia Kuckiki of squad 13."

"Yes, sir." Captain Amagai formally accepts.

"Excuse me, Head Captain. There's one more thing."

"Yes?" The head Captain says in annoyance.

"Gyokaku Kumoi, the Kasumioji clan's senior retainer. He requested our help, yet he refused to allow us into the palace grounds. He is a bit cautious when dealing with soul reapers. And there's another unusual circumstance involving Ichigo Kurosaki..."

"Very well." The head Captain cuts off Suì- Féng. "I shall keep all of this in mind."

"But, sir . . ." Suì-Féng tries to add again but get cut off again. "That is all."

I didn't lift my head from the wooden floorboards and flashed stepped out of the assembly hall feeling embarrassed by the end result. As I sat to contemplate the situation I wasn't going to take no for answer! And I will find out exactly what is going on.

(Timeskip)

I concealed my spiritual pressure so I can get around unnoticed, I think I have a feeling where Ichigo and Rukia might be.

I kneeled on 1 leg to lift up a concrete tile from the ground. As I lifted up the heavy object I made my way down to the under ground passage and made sure to place the tile back.

I stopped in my tracks, trying to concentrate and I could feel Ichigo and Rukia somewhere down here.