Chapter 29 - Invasion Of The Shinigami World, Again

Ari Kurosaki's POV

I was running at a fast pace through the senkaimon, I was summoned to get back to the soul society immediately for a captains meeting, all the others decided to head back together.

As I was running all I could think about was how we failed the mission and knowing the head captain he won't be happy with me, and I will most definitely get an ear full when I return. another problem with these Bounts is that we didn't gather any other important information only that they're a lot stronger here in the soul society. When I entered through the senkaimon Lady Yoruichi gave me a look like she had a plan figured out and knowing her she would. I deeply sighed and looked up ahead seeing the light of the senkaimon door appear, and I run through entering in the seireitei landing in the eastern wall of the 1st squad barracks. I panted as my feet hit the wooden floor boards and I continued running in the direction of the assembly hall, I just hope that I'm not too late I mentally thought disliking being unpunctual.

I stopped in my tracks standing anxiously in front of the giant double doors that stretched up towards the ceiling. They slowly opened and I entered through seeing everyone waiting for me.

"Welcome back Captain Kurosaki please take your place".

I took my place next to Toshiro and formally bowed to the Head Captain "Thank you sir"

"I now call this captains meeting to order" the head captain started.

"The ryoka infiltration has been confirmed, subsequently here are my orders all squads are on second class alert affected immediately. Captain Kurosaki failed her mission in the world of the living, as punishment she will not be assigned any further missions unless I plead a request. In addition because of this serious situation, I am taking the special measure of assigning squad 10 captain Hitsugaya chief responsibility for the ryoka's capture."

I frowned at my punishment but was happy for Toshiro knowing that this is his first mission the head Captain has given him.

I turned my gaze towards Toshiro and he gasped in shock not expecting such a mission from the Head Captain "Yes Head Captain"

"We're having difficultly gathering reliable intelligence at the moment Captain there is also a problem with information leaking from the department of research and development, you must find out what is really happening and   assimilate the information to all of the 13 squads"

"Sir" Toshiro nodded his head in response.

"Finally and this is the most important reactive of them all. Anyone who encounters a ryoka is to eliminate him without hesitation" the head captain ordered firmly and dismissed everyone but me.

As everyone finally left the assembly hall, I was facing the Head Captain waiting for further questioning and punishment this silence was killing me.

"You didn't gather any other information on these Bounts?" He asked curiously.

I deeply sighed and shook my head in response "the only information I gathered was that they are a lot stronger here in the society soul, and they can absorb reishi making themselves and there dolls more powerful. And I have a feeling on who might be leaking the data from the department of research and development.

The head captain gave me a questioning look "who?"

"Maki Ichinose. He was a former member in squad 11 and it only makes sense that he out of the bounts can get access into our data so effortlessly, technically he still is a soul reaper and can still get around through the senkaimon unnoticed"

It fell silent once again and it only made me feel anxious in what the head captain could possibly be thinking. "Very well, I will keep that in mind. Captain Kurosaki I will let you off with a warning just this once, I want you to assist Captain Hitsugaya on this assignment with the Bount knowing you have the most experience handling them"