Chapter 3 - Soul Reapers & Hollows

A/N Timeskip: Ari just turned 7 it's been 2 years since the hollow attack.

Ari has moved from district to district still in possession of that blunt katana sword. Her kimono she was wearing had gotten quite dirty and torn from defeating those foul creatures over the last 2 years, But she was still humble being alive, and if she had to look the way she did, she didn't care.

She has grown accustom to learning her new abilities, she can make an energy orb in her hand bigger then when she first started practicing. Which would be the size of a tennis ball.

Her routine has become consistent for the past 2 years of being on her own. Stay in the new district for a few days, catch food to satisfy her hunger. Be on guard for anything suspicious in the town. Then pack up and leave.

Like any other day Ari was walking through one of the many districts she has traveled to. Looking at all the locals trying to sell their goods, and others with families, it made her smile at the thought of they're all at peace.

The blunt katana was sealed shut in its sheath. Ari has placed it on her back with thread attached to it keeping it in place. She thought that it would be easier to carry around this way then dragging it along the ground open for all the souls to see.

As she passed through the busy town, she reached a quiet area of a forest and a waterfall near by. Ari thought that it would be a great spot to set up camp and to relax from all the walking she had done. She sat on a rock by the water and looked at her reflection, her hair has definitely grown in the last 2 years, when she was with Granny she had a short bob cut now her hair is at shoulder length. As she continued to stare at her reflection she listed off other features that have changed about her. Her face isn't as round and chubby, it has defined a little showing her cheek bones, Ari placed one of her hands against her cheek and realizing how dirty she really looked. She stood to her feet and started undressing from her robes and jumped in the fresh lake to wash herself from the filth.

Once Ari was clean she changed back into her kimono and grabbed her katana sword placing it on her back again out of a form of comfort. Ari was about to walk through the busy town once again to have a look around, but stopped when her stomach growled. She sighed of annoyance having to find food and cook it. The last 2 years Ari has been scrapping up things from abandoned homes or anything that she found useful to her. She found an old one shoulder bag that was useful for carrying her essentials. She found matches for cooking her food, found a drink container to drink from and Ari made herself a little hand knife made out of rock and wood to catch her food with. So that's what Ari did, she went to catch her lunch.

Ari was satisfied with her meal and so was her stomach. She caught 3 fish and cooked them upon the fire she started. Grabbing the water container and putting out the fire, she stood to her feet and went by the fresh lake to refill her container and placed it back into her old torn bag. Now she was ready to explore the new town she was in.

Ari entered the busy town even more busier then before. People gathered in 2 lines on each side of the passage ways like they were waiting for royalty to walk by. I furrowed my eyes brows in confusion. I started to gather like all the other locals to see what all the fuss is about.

"Umm excuse me, what is going on?". I asked to the young boy beside me he was a lot taller then me, I had to slightly look up to reach his gaze.

The tall boy noticed me and slightly smiled down at me. "Oh a soul reaper captain and lieutenant are passing through this district to get rid of our hollows disturbing this town".

Again my face held confusion and the young boy laughed at me. "You must be new in this town right?". He asked knowing full well that I definitely wasn't from around here.