Chapter 25 - Shocking Revelations

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Once again Captain Kyōraku, Captain Ukitake, Toshiro and I were in the 12th squad barracks standing in front of a large computer screen accompanied by Captain Kurostuchi and his Lieutenant Nemu, she was sitting on a chair in front of the large computer while Captain Kurostuchi was standing beside her.

As we were watching intently at the large screen it was sectioned in 3 parts. The left A3 sized screen had endless inscriptions going up too quickly too read, the top right side of the screen had two bar graphs going horizontally increasing and decreasing in black and white, and the bottom right screen had two circled graphs.

"Wait" Toshiro said in caution like he found something.

"As the Captain in charge of the department of research and development I have full authorization so there shouldn't be any data that I have denied access to. It took me sometime but I was able to unlock the file. Allow me to demonstrate". Captain Kurostuchi explained firmly.

I glanced towards Toshiro and he held a stern expression on his face as he was looking at the screen. I turned my gaze back to the screen to.

"Nemu!" Captain Kurostuchi ordered harshly.

"Yes I will bring it up on the monitor" she calmly obeyed.

"The ones causing a disturbance in the world of the living are called Bounts! They're a tribe that is basically human but can extend there lifespan by feeding on human souls" Captain Kurostuchi explained further while images of 8 people popped up on the screen indicating that they were the Bounts!

"You dimwit move on to the next file" Captain Kurostuchi insulated his lieutenant. "Yes" she spoke softly moving on to another file showing us pictures of Quincy's

"As I'm sure your all aware these are Quincy's, at one point in there history. The Bounts and the Quincy's were mortal enemies." Captain Kurostuchi says while Nemu played a very old video it fell silent for a few moments as we watched the old footage of Quincy's being attacked. Captain Kurostuchi cut in talking over the playing video adding more details.

"The stealth force took this footage which is surprising well reserved"

The old footage showed us more Quincy's being killed until it showed a small group of 5 Quincy's there were 3 huddled in the back in a triangle as the 2 of the 3 stood as a shield protecting the 1 behind them, and the last 2 were in front shooting arrows fending of the Bounts. To me it looked like they were after one in particular.

"It's obvious the Bounts are targeting 1 Quincy in particular"

The screen suddenly cut out and and went black and it left us curious to know more.

"What happens next?" Captain Kyōraku asked Captain Kurostuchi waiting for an answer one I know he probably won't receive.

"The file was very old that was all I have been. Able to recover."

Captain Kyōraku placed his thumb and index finger upon his chin and hummed in a thinking manner " I hate it when a movie leaves me hanging I would be interested to know how this one turned out"

"Unfortunately it all happened so long ago theres is no way to find out if the Bounts actually got the Quincy however according to my records." Captain Kurostuchi informed but paused briefly before continuing.

"Nemu explain to these gentlemen and lady what we actually did find".

"Yes the records after the Battle indicate that the Bounts continued feeding on living humans and absorbing there souls for a period of time".