Chapter 23 - New Captains (filler)

Ari Kurosaki's POV

It has been 3 days since I have been in squad 4 barracks. This fever has been troublesome but luckily my temperature is almost back to normal. The sun was seeping through the curtains lighting up the room meaning that it's morning already.

The last 3 days I have gotten so many visitors congratulating me on my new position I feel more exhausted but excited none the less. Wishing I can be better so I can greet my new squad. Shuhei and Toshiro has been to visit and hasn't left my side unless under strict orders by captain unohana to let me rest. I'm hoping today that I will be able to get discharged.

I heard a loud knock on the door. "Come in". I softly called out.

The door slid open revealing Captain Unohana, she walked in the room and held a bright smile on her face. "Good morning Captain Kurosaki".

"Good morning Captain Unohana". I smiled back in return as I sat up from the bed.

She came to my side examining me holding a blank expression on her face. "Your fever has cleared, and for your injuries everything looks good. Your rib cage might need 2 more weeks but you can be discharged today." She exclaimed nonchalantly.

I held an excited grin on my face hearing the good news.

"I will inform Lieutenant Hisagi on your discharge." She Says while smiling at me, and leaving the room.

I pulled off the blankets and brought my legs on the edge of the bed I moved myself off the bed and stood firmly on my feet. I decided to take a short walk through the 4th barracks to stretch my legs from laying down. I entered the hallway seeing a lot of the relief teams running about in a hurry probably aiding to the injured. I placed my arms in the sleeves of my white kimono as I walked through to the open court yard heading straight to the garden area. I walked down the short staircase as my bare feet touched the soft green grass.

I continued to walk along the grass, seeing a beautiful flower bed and a wooden bench near by. I walked over to the bench and took a seat admiring the view, listening to the birds chirp and feeling the cool breeze in the air.

(Timeskip) 1 hour

I was still sitting on the wooden bench in the 4th squad barracks garden enjoying the alone time.

"Captain there you are" Shuhei called out, walking up to me.

"Hey Shuhei". I greeted calmly.

"It's time to go Captain". He mentioned

I stood up from the bench and we both headed back to the 9th squad barracks my new home.

(Timeskip) 9th squad barracks

Shuhei and I stood at the 9th squad barracks entrance. "Welcome to your new home captain"

I smiled from ear to ear and pushed open the double doors stepping inside while Shuhei was following behind me. We entered the main foyer and it was filled with all the members of squad 9. There was a huge banner hanging up from the ceiling with the words Welcome Captain Kurosaki. Most of the members held admired expressions and others held blanks ones.

"We have organized a party for you captain Kurosaki." Shuhei said from behind me.

"Thank you for the warm welcome into squad 9. I appreciate that you all have gathered together to throw me a party in my honour. I know that this squad has lost something important and I'm not here to give you all any sympathy. I'm here to get this division up and running again and devote my life in protecting each and everyone of you and I promise you that I won't betray any of you." I honestly said finishing my speech.