Chapter 22 - Fever (filler)

Ari Kurosaki's POV

I was currently watching Soifon on the training grounds trying to manifest her Bankai we have 48 hours until the captain's exam. If she can master it before then, I know she will pass. The head captain informed me that he and 2 other captains will be there to qualify her for the captains position. Which only left me thinking who could it be? It would have to be the oldest captains so maybe captain Unohana and Captain Shunsui or Ukitake. When I took the exam it was the head captain, captain unohana and Aizen, he was the one who recommended me in the first place which made me cringe thinking about him.

Soifon was panting heavily on the ground leaning on one knee.

"Soifon you have 48 hours to master Bankai". I sternly stated

Her eyes widened, hearing the time she has left which pushed her back up on her feet, with a look of motivation evident in her eyes.

I lightly smirked at her determination knowing that she can do it, she has to.

(Timeskip) 10 hours

My eyes were beginning to shut from tiredness, I felt aches through out my body and I felt a lot weaker then normal as I continued to keep a close eye on Soifon. Suddenly my legs began to cave and I felt arms wrap around my tiny frame. I looked up to see Toshiro with a worried expression on his face as he held me up.

"Ari you need to get some rest". He said sternly.

I gained my composure and stood on my feet this time having more balance then before. "I need to watch Soifon". I heavily panted, while placing my palm upon my forehead feeling a headache forming.

"You have always been so stubborn". A voice said from a far.

I turned around and saw Lady Yoruichi standing with a smirk on her face. She walked closer to us and stood to my left. Watching Soifon intently.

"Has she improved?" lady Yoruichi asked.

"She got close once".

"Hmmm! I see". Lady Yoruichi says while looking deep in thought.

I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open, my head felt like it was spinning. Toshiro kept giving me glances every few seconds in worry. I was about to take a step forward, but fell flat on the ground instead. Toshiro was quick to my aid kneeling by my side, and lady Yoruichi stood above us.

"Toshiro take Ari to the infirmary, and I will watch over Soifon. I will make sure she is ready for the captains exam" she said in reassurance.

Knowing that I can't argue with that I obeyed orders and let Toshiro take me to the 4th squad barracks.

Toshiro lifted me up bridal style, my head was against his chest and my hand was clutching a hold of his Shihakushō top it was silent between us as he walked through the seireitei. Again my eyes began to close without my control but I fought to keep them open.

"Ari your really burning up". Toshiro said in worry breaking the silence.

"I probably overexerted myself, captain unohana won't be happy with me". I said in between breaths, but held a playful smirk.

Toshiro shook his head at me but had a light smile on his face. "Your so stubborn".

"And your so cold". I teased.

It fell silent again but it was calming it was quite the only sound heard was the cool breeze and a full moon lighting up the night sky. This time I let the tiredness consume me and fell into a deep slumber.

(Timeskip) the 4th squad barracks

Toshiro Hitsugaya's POV

Once I reached the 4th squad barracks, I was walking along the entrance, I glanced down to only notice now that Ari was fast asleep.