Chapter 21 - Proposal (filler)

Ari Kurosaki's POV

It has been a week since, I was in the infirmary. Toshiro visited me everyday to keep me company which was very sweet. I'm still not at my full strength, luckily most of my injuries have healed thanks to captain Unohana, the only thing giving me grief is my broken rib cage. I have been taking morning walks everyday having some form of exercise to keep me productive. Captain Unohana said that it could take 6 weeks if I listen and not do anything strenuous then I can be cleared and get back to my daily duties as a captain. The head captain has been Keeping me busy with only paperwork, something I don't mind doing but it still can be a drag.

Once I got back to my barracks from my morning walk, I was walking the halls seeing my squad members greet me as I walked passed, I was looking for Soifon.

"Ōmaeda have you seen Soifon?" I asked seeing him standing in the hallway in front of a mirror.

"Check the training grounds". He said in between combing his pointy hair.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, as I made my way towards the squad 2 training grounds. Ōmaeda and I never really got along but I put up with him because he is my lieutenant. It still gets me thinking how he became such a high ranked officer in the first place, but then I remembered that he has a rich family which makes sense. Just like the Kuchiki family they always offer a quick entry into the 13 court guard squads, even if you pass or not they can make it happen.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't realize I was outside on the training grounds. I continued to walk deeper in the grounds when I saw Soifon panting heavily on the ground from hard efforts of training, I lightly smirked as I stood in front of her.

"Giving up already Soifon".

She was quick to get back up on her feet in a fighting stance. "No I was just wiping the dust of my shoes".

I chuckled in response. "I was only joking Soifon".

She bowed her head down in embarrassment hiding her flushed cheeks. "Oh of course captain".

She brought her head back up again and stared at me like she wanted to ask me something. "Not to be rude captain but what are you doing here?" She asked in confusion.

I lightly smirked. "to offer you a proposal, in taking my place as captain".

Soifon was looking at me like I grew 2 heads "bbut Captain I could never take your position, then where would you go?"

"Don't worry about me, this is about you. This is why I'm here to prepare you for Bankai. I have been keeping a close eye on you Soifon, and I think that you work harder then anyone in this squad, as your captain I want you to think about it and consider this opportunity. You have 24 hours to decide" I said as I left the training grounds heading back to the barracks.

(Timeskip) 24 hours

I was sitting at my office desk going through my last bit of paper work from the head captain, he gave me yet another endless stack of papers to go through I deeply sighed looking to my right seeing a big stack of marked off paperwork done and then I looked to my left of the desk seeing about 20 more sheets of paper to go, I groaned in frustration and thought that it would be best to take a break before I go mad.

I thought going for a walk would ease my frustration. I left my barracks leaving through the open court yard, it was a beautiful day in the soul society, the sun was gleaming up in, the sky with no clouds in sight. As I continued to walk the paths of the mazed sections of the seireitei taking in all the architecture. I suddenly came to abrupt stop as I collided with another soul reaper, I fell in a thud on the ground.