Chapter 28 - Shinigami and Quincy

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Izuru, Shuhei and I sprinted out the crumbling room entering through another path of the cave we were running for 5 minutes until Izuru groaned and fell to the ground, Shuhei and I stopped in our tracks and bend down to check on him.

"Izuru" I said in concern, he was panting lightly as he was clutching his stomach.

Shuhei grabbed ahold of his arm and brought it over his shoulder and held him up for support.

I turned around from Shuhei and Izuru and looked on ahead in the distance sensing something bad and the only thing that came to my mind was Ichigo, I just hope that he is alright, I mentally thought.

"Captain" Shuhei says lightly bringing me out of my thoughts.

"We should keep moving" I said, looking back at them both, they nodded there heads in response and we continued to walk again.

(Timeskip)
Izuru, Shuhei and I met up with Renji and yumichika. They were wounded from there battles with the Bount. Shuhei took izuru's arm off of his shoulder and gently placed him on the ground.

"Looking at the state of you 2, it seems that you got rid of the bount then!" I looked intently towards Renji and yumichika, seeing them sitting on the ground also.

They both gave a look of truth as they panted lightly. "So where is ichigo? I asked sternly, while i crossed my arms against my chest.

"I told him to continue on ahead, and I stayed back with Renji". Yumichika informed.

I clenched my jaw in worry, knowing that ichigo isn't in any state right now to handle the leader of the Bounts! He can barely use his Bankai, without that dark energy taking over. I deeply sighed in frustration, knowing that we failed this mission.

"What's with the glum face" i snapped out of my thoughts and looked ahead of me to see Lady Yourichi standing with her arms crossed against her chest, and held a slight smirk on her face.

"Lady Yourichi What are you doing here?"

"Quick we don't have much time, we need to get to Ichigo."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at her urgency "is ichigo okay?"

"I will explain on the way, but for now we need to get moving."

"Wait Yourichi how about the others?" Renji asked curiously

"I encountered them earlier and they're also on there way to ichigo as we speak"

I stared intently at Izuru, renji and yumichika, they look like there in no shape to be up and moving around so soon.

"Izuru, Renji, and Yumichika stay here and rest some more, Shuhei and I will go along with Lady Yourichi to Ichigo and when you feel ready meet us at the end of the cave" I gestured.

They all nodded there heads in response agreeing that it would be best.

"Alright. Ari, and Shuhei you ready". Lady Yourichi says while walking in the space between us.

We both nodded our heads in response. Lady Yourichi took that as a signal, and began running straight further into the cave. Shuhei and I followed in suit increasing our pace to match Lady Yourichi's so we were running in a line of 3.

(Timeskip)

Lady Yourichi, Shuhei and I were running for 15 minutes through the accident ruin cave, I could sense up ahead that we were close to Ichigo.

"We're almost their" Shuhei says in between breaths as he continued to run at a fast pace.

"Alright let's hurry" Lady Yourichi urged as we picked up our pace and slashed stepped away.