Chapter 35 - 10th Division's Death Struggle

Part 1

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Toshiro, Rangiku and I quickened our pace in the direction of the Bount. Toshiro was taking the lead in front of the small group, while I was beside Rangiku. I could hear a sound coming from Rangiku's earpiece it sounded like extreme distress. "What is happening their? Report at once" she ordered sternly.

"Damn it, I told them to wait. We've got to help them" Toshiro cursed in frustration. My jaw was still tightly clenched, I could feel that we were close to the Bount or more so what the Bount left behind.

We turned a corner encountering our team of soul reapers laying unconscious on the concrete ground. We all gasped in shock at the sight. Quickly we run to there aid to check if any of them were still conscious. I bend down on one knee to one of the soul reapers, he was sitting with his back against the wall and his head dropped down in front of him. I placed my hands on his shoulders hoping to wake him but had no luck. I turned around facing Toshiro as he was checking on another wounded man just a few centimeters apart from me. He glanced at me with a stern expression and I just shook my head in response

He turned his attention back to the soul reaper. "Damn it are you alright?"

Toshiro lifted up the injured man supporting him with one of his hands under his head and the other on his chest. "My apologies Captain, I failed, I thought that we could capture them but ahhh!!! But then his doll took us out" the injured man said in between groans of pain

"It's alright don't worry I'll call for help. Just rest" Toshiro sternly reassured and gently laid him back on the ground on his side.

Toshiro quickly stood to his feet from his kneeled position "the Ryoka is probably close by, let's move. Based on his fighting style it seems likely that this Bount was the same one that Izuru and Captain Kurosaki fought in the world of the living if so he is very powerful be careful"

"Yes Sir" the group of Soul reapers including Rangiku said in sync.

I stood to my feet and walked over to Toshiro. I held a stern expression on my face as I thought of the Bount I fought in the world of the living. We were evenly matched but his doll was the problem my attacks didn't effect that creepy steel spider humanoid doll.

Toshiro gently placed his hand on my shoulder snapping me out of my thoughts "Ari are you okay?" He said softly while staring at me with concern filled eyes.

"I'm fine Toshiro" I reassured while staring back at him having a staring contest.

"Captain Hitsugaya, Captain Kurosaki and Rangiku" renji called out breaking Toshiro and I from our stare off, he was standing behind us.

"Renji" Rangiku said in surprise not expecting him to be here.

"Well what's going on are we having a party here" on Renji's shoulder was one of the mod souls that has been with Ichigo and his friends and it had to be the talkative bunny.

"Renji how did you find us?" Toshiro questions

"We followed the Bounts spiritual pressure"

"The Bounts spiritual pressure? Toshiro says in confusion

"Ah that's right, that's this little ones special ability" Rangiku says in recognition

"Yes that is my job and I do it quite well if I say so myself" the stuffed bunny says rather confidently.

I glanced at Toshiro and he looked so lost as he stared towards Rangiku. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Ahh weren't you told about Kurōdo here Captain?" Rangiku says in surprise