Chapter 14 - Morning of the Sentence

Ari Kurosaki's POV

It was 24 hours until rukia's execution. It was early in the morning, around dawn. I was sitting on my squad 2 barracks roof top deep in thought. Toshiro left with his lieutenant to get some rest before the execution, so I thought that I too would get some sleep as well. But that didn't happen, I have been sitting upon the roof top all night just thinking of where Aizen could possibly be hiding. I have been thinking of all the signs that I could have missed before he died.

And the only thing that comes to mind is captain ichimaru, knowing that he is the major piece to this puzzle, making everyone believe that he was the one behind this murder. The way Momo acted towards Toshiro broke my heart, and seeing him in distress made me feel worse.

I placed my fingers upon my forehead and started to massage my head in small circular motions feeling a headache forming. I deeply sighed. Feeling that at this point I'm not getting anywhere doing nothing. I stood up to my feet and thought it would be best to go for a walk. I jumped down from the roof top and landed on my feet and begin walking.

I made it out of my squad 2 barracks and stopped in my tracks to see the sun start to slowly rise in the sky. As I looked at it briefly to take it in, I still have no idea where I was walking to, but hoping that somehow, I would find something to help lead me on the right path.

I started walking again, and thought if Aizen is still alive where would be a good place to hide? but still be able to see everything. Still nothing came to mind, I was looking down at my feet, it made me feel frustrated. "Ahhhh c'mon Ari think". I groaned aloud.

By now I was near the central 46 compound(Government Building) knowing that it is off limits to any soul reaper unless if you have committed a serious crime. Then my eyes widen in realization. How did I not see it before I thought to myself.

I picked up my pace and started into a fast run getting to the central 46 compound entrance. I ran across the wooden bridge and stopped at the sealed door in front of me, seeing that it have thick metal beams blocking the doors. Knowing that I can't slice through them with my Zanpakutō, because that will set off the alarms. I had to think of another way of entering without getting caught. I stood dumbfounded for a few moments, I placed my hand upon the metal beams and instantly the beams opened. I suddenly flinched back in defense, finding it strange that it would just open like that. Seeing that there was no danger I walked up to the double doors and pushed it open. I entered seeing the under ground assembly hall. I stared in amazement seeing it for the first time. I continued to walk around carefully being on full alert just in case.

I found some stairs and looked up at the long staircase leading to who knows where, it was too dark to see anything down here. This place was unreal only seeing it in text books, in the soul reaper academy. Never would I thought that I would be standing in a highly restricted area to anyone in the soul society.

I started to make my way up the staircase it took a few moments and once I made it to the top, I entered The Seijōtōkyorin(Tranquil Forest of Residential Towers).

Meaning Tranquil Forest of Residential Towers. It's where all the central 46 members reside in. It was too good to be true. The room was filled with tall thin tower like buildings with the entrance raised off of the ground and accessed via a short stairway, with a wooden walkway surrounding the building. There is a tall, narrow window in the wall starting just above the door that continues to the top of the tower.

I was still looking in awe, standing above the staircase. The first tower in my view sent shivers down my spine sensing something foul.

I slowly made my way to the short staircase, standing on the wooden walkway surrounding the tower.