Chapter 38 - The Moment of Ruin

Ari Kurosaki's POV

I was currently sitting on a roof top in the tenth squad barracks, Toshiro said that I could stay the night and get some rest. But I did quite the opposite I watched the sun rise something I haven't done in a while. I missed having the free time to enjoy the little things, I couldn't help but smile watching it rise and light up the sky.

I know that if Toshiro found out that I wasn't resting he will most definitely scold me like a little child. As I was trying to imagine Toshiro telling me off in my head, I suddenly picked up a spiritual pressure leaving the barracks. I quickly stand to my feet, and see Uryū leaving in his Quincy attire. He has had a full recovery thanks to Orihime but what exactly could he be up to? I thought curiously, and the only thing that came to my mind was Kariya, he is going to fight him alone. I watch him leave the barracks unnoticed and I jump down from the roof and land on the concrete.

I walk inside the barracks heading to Toshiro's office. I walked along the floorboards of the long corridor and stood in front of his office door. I lightly knocked hoping that Toshiro would be awake! I didn't receive a response so I gently slid open the door and poke my head inside to see a sleeping Rangiku on the sofa I sighed and fully slid the door across and walked inside, I placed my hands on my hips as I looked at Rangiku sleeping peacefully.

"Hmmm I wonder where Toshiro is" I voiced my thoughts aloud.

"I went to check on you, and noticed that you weren't in your room" Toshiro says sternly. Which scared me to death.

My body froze startled not realizing that he was standing right behind me. I turn around and face him. He was standing in the corridor with his arms folded against his chest and he held annoyed expression.

I lightly crack a smile "Ahh well I woke up really early to watch the sun rise"

"So you didn't get any rest did you!" He states a matter of fact, he knows me too well.

I fake laugh in response. "Ahhh! Well you see I couldn't sleep and I haven't seen the sun rise in a while. But luckily I did because I saw uryū leave the barracks"

After explaining myself Toshiro's eyes widen at the mention of Uryū.

"I think he is going after Kariya".

"I thought that would be the case". He sighs.

"Knowing Ichigo he probably won't stay out of this fight".

"Yeah your right. That's why we are going to investigate the area of the battle"

"Okay lets go".

"But first we need to wake up Rangiku." Toshiro says in annoyed.

(Timeskip)

Finally after 10 minutes of trying to wake Rangiku, she is awake and grumpy being woken up from her beauty sleep. I roll my eyes as I listen to her complain behind me, while we were running along the roof tops. Toshiro, Rangiku and I were heading to ichigo and his friends.

We picked up 4 spiritual pressure vessels near by and we all flashed stepped encountering. Chad, Orihime, the mod souls, and Uryū, but he was holding up a women dressed in soul reaper attire and had on a white lab coat, she had brunette hair that sat at shoulder length and she wore glasses. She reminded me of the first Bount we saw from the world of the living.

"Is everyone alright" Toshiro says in concern.

"Yes we are okay" Orihime says in reassurance.

"Where is Ichigo?" I asked sternly.

"He's fighting Kariya" uryū says calmly, and we hear an explosion not far away. We all turn our heads at the loud sound in concern.

"Captain sir" Rangiku presses.