Chapter 76 - The Violent Wind That Rages

Ari Kurosaki's POV

"Captain have you heard? Squad 3 have been doing a lot of tasks around the seireitei."
Shūhei informed me while entering inside my office.

"Is that so?" I say gazing up from my paperwork laid out across my desk.

"Yeah! Squad 3 also have been doing training drills with Captain Amagai to improve on teamwork." He adds and took a seat on the white sofa.

I hummed in response, not very interested in hearing about squad 3 and their new Captain.

"Captain! Are you okay?" He asks with full concern.

I nod my head in reassurance. "It's nothing Shūhei. I just have a lot of paperwork to finish off, it's due by the end of today."

"Well I will leave you to it Captain. Bye". He says with a closed eye smile and leaves my office.

I exhale a breath, and stand up from my chair to stretch my legs. I turn around to face the glass window caught in my thoughts. He may have everyone else fooled but not me, I will stop you Shūsuke Amagai.

(Timeskip)

"Please! Pleaseeeee! Captain Kurosaki!!" Rangiku begs, as her hands are clasped together in a praying sign.

"Sorry Rangiku, I only have a little more paperwork to do before I go anywhere." I say firmly.

"C'mon you have been in this office all day. My Captain won't let me go for a drink, unless you come with me." She explains.

"Does Toshiro even know that you're here Rangiku?" I question her.

"Well ahhh! No but having you with me might change his mind." She says hopeful.

I lightly smile giving in. "Okay but only for an hour".

"Woooooo!!" Rangiku screams and grabs my hand pulling me up from my chair and dragging me out the room to the drinking place.

(Timeskip)

The seireitei - bar.

Rangiku and I were standing out the front of the place, hearing the loud atmosphere coming from the inside.

"C'mon Captain this will be fun!" Rangiku excitedly says, while pulling me inside.

Entering inside the bar, there were a lot of soul reapers in here. A few I could point out being. Izuru, Renji, and Iba. Luckily this place has food too, I could feel myself getting hungry.

A women dressed in a black kimono approached Rangiku and I. "Welcome party of 2 right this way".

We followed the women until we reached an empty table. "Thank you". Rangiku says and took a seat on the floor and as did I.

I grabbed ahold of the menu resting on the table and scanned the little white pages hoping to find something I liked. But before I could choose I had to use the bathroom.

"Rangiku I'm going to the bathroom, I will be right back". I say getting up from my seated position and make my way towards the bathroom.

"Okay Captain hurry up back" she giggles already having her first drink of sake.

Passing a sliding door I could hear talking inside a private room. Those voices belonging to Captain kyoraku and Captain amagai. Curiously I stopped in my tracks to listen in knowing it's not polite to eavesdrop.

"Alright then bottoms up!!" I hear Captain kyoraku taking a sip of his sake. "I'm honored to have been invited for a drink with the new squad captain everyone's talking about."

"Well I'm still relatively new to the job, so getting to know the senior member's is quite helpful." Captain Amagai calmly informs

"I see. So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" "Captain Kyoraku questions.

"I will be straight with you sir" Captain Amagai says straight to the point.

"Fine by me, I'm not a big fan beating around the bush." I hear a grab of a bottle and liquid pouring in a cup. That was probably Captain kyoraku drinking more sake that man can drink.

"Well sir. It's regarding the thirteen court guard squads." Captain Amagai states like he has an idea.

Captain kyoraku hums listening to Amagai while he drinks more sake from his little cup. "I would like to find a way for the squads to coordinate more closely with each other"

My eyes widen in surprise, not liking this idea at all. The thirteen court guards operated in their own category of skills, not working together.

I hear what sounds like nodding in agreement from captain kyoraku. "Ohh!! I see, that sounds like a rather ambitious project"

I hear slam of hands on a table. "I don't expect to be able to meet all of my goals right away, but things can't remain as they are."

"Easy no need to get worked up" Captain kyoraku says in defense trying to calm Captain Amagai

"Oh my apologies." But Captain Amagai was quick to apologize.

"But I kind of like that idea it's not bad" Captain kyoraku agrees. I only roll my eyes in annoyance, what does he know? The man is always drunk.

"So you agree! With me then? Captain Amagai says in a hopeful tone.

"You know Shūsuke! You're a pretty bright guy for a youngster." Captain kyoraku compliments the new captain as I hear Amagai try to disagree.
"But listen, as long as you and I are discussing squad affairs maybe we should get Jushiro in on this."

"You mean the Captain of squad 13?" Captain Amagai nervously questions.

"Yeah! I mean don't get me wrong I won't stand in your way or anything but, I'm just not the type of guy who likes to take the lead on this stuff you know! So how about next time we round up jushiro and hash it all out together." Captain kyoraku explains. My already closed fist was clenching at my sides. Knowing if there is more Captain's to agree with this idea the head Captain will approve of such a thing.

"Sir it would be my pleasure" Captain Amagai says excited

"Good! Then Let's kick off this plan of ours with a toast. Hold up you're not drinking?" Captain kyoraku questions

"No I can't!" Captain Amagai was quick to say no but not around kyoraku.

"C'mon" I could hear pouring of liquid in a cup, knowing that Captain kyoraku won't take no for answer when it comes to drinking.

"Here goes nothing!" And the next thing I hear was a loud thud on the floor.

I roll my eyes and I step away from the private room. Not being in the mood to stay in this place anymore. "Captain Kurosaki! Is everything okay? You were taking so long I thought something happened?" Rangiku says in worry standing in front of me.

I see that her cheeks are bright pink from all the drinking. I frown in distaste and leave the bar and Rangiku.

A/N: what do you think Ari will do with the new Captain Amagai?
Do you think Ari is bring harsh on the new Captain or
do we trust her gut with this feeling?

Also will be skipping quite a few episodes to continue on! I hope you all enjoy this new chapter please leave comments, like and any suggestions 🩷🩷🩷🩷