Chapter 50 - Visored! The Power of the Awakened

Toshiro Histugaya's POV

I was sitting on a roof top at the Karakura high school, going through reports from last nights events. Ari was resting at Orihime's apartment still recovering from her injuries, the thought made me clench my jaw in anger. I shouldn't of let that happen I was stupid for letting her go. I suddenly stop looking through my soul pager and sense a presents.

my eyes were covered by hands. "Guessss whooo?" Rangiku sang from behind me.

"Why are you playing silly games Rangiku?"

"Oh captain you are amazing you got it right on the first try!" She says with a pout. I remove her hands from my eyes and turn to face her.

"You have a very distinctive voice". I say placing my hands in my pant pockets

"What are you doing up here, playing hookie? In this world kids who walk around in school uniforms usually have to be in school". Rangiku playfully questions and states the obvious.

"I was preparing my report". I say bluntly.

"Telling them how we kicked there butt after gentei kaijo was authorized". Rangiku happily danced in excitement

While I just held a stern expression in frustration that we let arrancar's at a weak level almost defeat us. "They were small fry".

Rangiku's facial expression dropped in a frown.

"They weren't Vasto Lorde, they probably weren't even the rank below that. Adjuchas, don't you understand what happened here? Even I a captain couldn't defeat one of there Gillian's class without using full strength". I stop myself and turned my gaze to look at Rangiku. "We are out matched, these guys are too strong for us".

(Timeskip)

Rangiku and I went back to Orihime's apartment, I on the other hand was in a hurry to get back so I can check on Ari. Once arriving she was still laying in her bed. I sighed in relief and sat with my legs crossed on the floor beside her.

I could feel rangiku's gaze burning holes in my back. "What is it Rangiku?"

She hummed in a happy tone. "Captain I'm just happy that you and captain Kurosaki are together".

I lightly smiled at the thought that Ari and I are finally in a relationship. It went silent for a few moments as I was admiring her from afar.

Suddenly Ari awoke in a loud gasp, as she sat up in an upright position. My eyes widen in worry as I gently placed my hands on her shoulders. "Ari are you okay?"

She blinks a few times probably trying to get rid of the tiredness from her eyes. She stared into my eyes, as she leaned in and placed her lips on mine. Registering the moment I closed my eyes and enjoyed every second as our lips lingered on one another's. Ari pulled away from our long felt kiss, and wrapped her arms tightly around me. I wasted no time wrapping my arms around her petite frame, as her head was placed in my chest.

Suddenly ruining our little moment we hear a loud squeak leave rangiku's lips "awwwww you guys".

We both pull a part as we stared at her, I mostly in annoyance for ruining our moment and Ari was trying to hide a giggle. I still had one of my arms wrapped around Ari in protective manner. Then suddenly Ari gasped in pain as she clutched her abdominal. "Ari what's wrong?"

She lightly smiled at me in reassurance. "I'm okay, I just need a little more rest".

I was quick to gently lay her down in bed, and my facial expression held utmost concern.

Ari placed her hand on my cheek. "Toshiro please don't be worried I'm okay". She smiled. "How was the report to the Head Captain?" She asked changing the subject.

"Not good they were small fry. Ari you had no problem defeating your opponent. But Ichigo's?"

Ari exhaled a sigh. "Ichigo's opponent, from what I could remember he was an espada number 6 and his name was Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. He was strong, I was dealing with him fine in my visored form". Ari stopped herself mid-sentence as she looked like a dear caught in headlights Rangiku and I wore confused expressions not knowing that Ari even possessed such abilities.

"Captain Kurosaki in your visored form?" Rangiku carefully questions in confusion.

"I guess It's not worth hiding it now. A few years after I became a soul reaper, someone was conducting Hollowfication experiments on residents within the Rukongai. Squad 9 was tasked to investigate it further. Most of the high ranked officers were cut down in battle, including the 9th captain and lieutenant at the time. This prompted a further investigation, by the Head Captain and I was sent out with a team of soul reapers. They all become subject's to the experiments almost slaughtering each other. The evil man behind it was Aizen. Kisuke Urahara came to our rescue. Kisuke was arrested and charged with the crimes, and lady Yoruichi lended a helping hand and they fled to the world of the living with the visored's, and as for Aizen he escaped getting away with the crimes he should have paid for. A year after these events a voice was calling out to me and I too possessed these abilities, amd became a visored too."

I clenched my jaw in anger thinking of the trauma Ari must have went through for over a hundred years keeping such a burden. "So all this time you hid a secret from the soul society". I stated sternly.

Ari looked down ashamed. "I'm sorry for lying to the both of you, I really wanted to tell you I did. But I thought the less people knew the better, I can get away with keeping it a secret.". She sighed  "I have one favor to ask, if you both can promise me that you can still keep it a secret It would mean a lot". And It fell silent for a few moments

"Captain Kurosaki your secret is safe with me". Rangiku reassured as she kneeled on her knees and hugged Ari while she was laying down. Rangiku pulled away from her and smiled brightly.

Ari glanced towards me with worry. "Ari your secret is safe with me to". I softly reassured.

She lightly smiled in relief. "Thank you Toshiro and Rangiku".

I grabbed onto Ari's hand and brought her hand up to my lips as I kissed her knuckles. I stared deeply into her brown eyes. "I love you"

She also stared fondly at me. "I love you to".