Chapter 31 - Hitsugaya's Decision The Clash Approaches

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Toshiro and I were standing in the center of the Seireitei where the Senzaikyū (palace of penitence) buildings were. Captain Ukitake, The Head Captain, and his lieutenant Sasakibe, were also here standing behind us talking amongst themselves.

Suddenly explosions were heard and 4 buildings came crashing down in a mess. Toshiro was quick by my side and stood in front of me in protection, I just intently gazed around the area in surprise not expecting the Bounts to place Bombs in plain sight.

As the dust and dirt began to clear, Captain Ukitake cleared his throat "unbelievable, how could something like this happen? To plant a bomb in the repentance cell. What's the reason for it?"

"It's a declaration of war. The repentance cell was build from Sekkiseki rock because it's vertically impenetrable to spiritual attacks it must of taken a great deal of time to advise such an elaborate plan which means the ones responsible have a deep seeded hatred of the soul society. Increase the number of men assigned to the search force, we must discover there where a bouts as quickly as possible" the head captain informed us and ordered sternly.

"Yes sir" we all said in unison, my gaze shifted to Toshiro seeing his angered expression made me frown.

"Ari let's go" he called as he was leaving the Senzaikyū I snapped out of my daze from the mess and nodded my head in response and followed behind Toshiro as we were running through the Seireitei.

Rangiku appeared beside me as Toshiro was leading the way in front. "It's the Bounts isn't it!"

"I've failed. I should have been able to stop this" Toshiro voiced his thoughts

My lips turned into frown hating that he is feeling this way.

"Let's stop them now" Rangiku says and we all slashed stepped disappearing in sight.

———————————————————————————

Episode 96: Hitsugaya Strikes! Slice the Enemy in the Middle of the Forest

After all night of searching for the Bounts Toshiro, Rangiku and I couldn't find any of them it was frustrating. We all agreed that it would be best, to head back to the 10th squad barracks to see if any other soul reapers have gathered any useful information.

we were currently in Toshiro's office. He was sitting at his wooden desk, while Rangiku was standing to his left and I was on his right. We were listening to a squad 10 member reporting in.

"Here's my report, we've confirmed the rumors of strange events in Kusajishi Captain."

"Just what sort of events?" Toshiro questioned.

"Someone has gathered all the able bodied men together, and has put them to work cutting down trees in Kusajishi Forest"

"Captain!" Rangiku pressed

"And are the Bounts behind this!"

"On the surface the leader seems to be the bookie who runs one of the Kusajishi gambling dans" he stated further

"Who is behind all of this?" Toshiro asked sternly

"Well there is some clues but nothing definite yet"

"What should we do now?" Rangiku asked curiously awaiting orders from Toshiro.

"This is the clue I have been waiting for, we are going to have to investigate it ourselves"

"Are you going to search the Forest" Rangiku stated

"No not the Forest, we are going to see Renji Abarai" Toshiro says with a smirk like he had an idea