Chapter 84 - The Assassin's Secret

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Toshiro, Captain Kuchiki and I were standing with Lady yourichi, Captain Ukitake, and Shunsui. In a circle as we were discussing the situation at hand.

Captain Ukitake shifts his gaze towards Captain kuchiki. "Byakuya, are you done here?"

"The Lieutenant's are mopping up what's left of the enemy forces." He replies nonchalantly.

Toshiro looks up towards Shunsui as he had his arms crossed. "And your squad?"

"We've taken control of the bakkoto workshop. Captain Sui-feng is protecting the site as we speak." He explains

"More importantly, where is Shūsuke Amagai?" Lady Yourichi sternly questions.

"Shūsuke? He entered the compound when Ikkaku and others first stormed in. But come to think of it, I haven't seen him since." I say firmly.

"Where is he?" Lady Yourichi demands

I widen my eyes curious. "Why are you so concerned about him Lady Yourichi?"

"He orchestrated this entire incident to gain power." Lady Yourichi sternly explains.

Toshiro, Captain kuchiki, Captain Ukitake, and Shunsui eyes widen in shock as they gasp. Myself on the other hand wasn't surprised one bit.

"I had a feeling that would be the case, he knew too much when we were trying to find the princess."

Lady Yourichi nodded agreeing. "Allow me to explain. Kisuke contacted me and requested I thoroughly examine the ongoing confusion regarding the logistics of the soul society. I began looking into every aspect I could, and while doing that, I uncovered information that revealed the Kasumioji clan's dark side. I found out that Kumoi was the first to create a bakkoto. He applied the clan's secret techniques developed over centuries for the royal family and continued to produce superior weaponry. The bakkoto allows its bearer to gain strength and fighting power far beyond its beavers abilities, but wielding it can be fatal."

"We're not certain of where Shūsuke first learned of the bakkoto's existence, but once he learned of it, he approached kumoi with the express purpose of having it." Captain Ukitake explains further.

"He set into motion his own grand plan knowing that his possession of the bakkoto was the key element to it succeeding." Lady Yourichi continued

"To make that happen, he knew he must become a squad captain so he would have complete knowledge of the movements of both the soul reapers and the soul society." Shunsui adds in.

"And so, Shūsuke connived a plan to become a captain, knowing that would advance his plan. Right after he became a captain, an incident occurred in which a restrictive current shutdown request was ignored. By discreetly voiding that request, Shūsuke created a chance to show off his powers to his squad and won their confidence. He then met with the other captains, gaining their trust, but not all captains."

Lady Yourichi shifts her gaze to me. But continued. "And he advocated cooperation between their squads and established training exercises to create unity. But his real reason for doing that was to analyze the fighting ability of each squad. As he carefully prepared to put his plan in motion, an unexpected windfall came to him."

Listening to lady Yourichi made me know who the windfall was "my brother. Ichigo Kurosaki."

Lady Yourichi nods. "Correct. Originally, he intended to take even more time to make his move. But Ichigo's intervention caused upheaval for the soul society. He fanned Gyokaku Kumoi's ambitious nature, and by overstating the conflict, he plunged the soul society into utter confusion and chaos. He then used the Kasumioji clan's assassin squad to make things worse, and hand picked his third seat, makoto kibune, to wreck havoc."

"But I heard when they fought, Lieutenant Kira succeeded in defeating third seat Kibune.". Shunsui added in

"It's true Lieutenant Kira, defeated the third seat Kibune that's why he is in squad 4." I clarify for seeing him unconscious with my own eyes not long ago.

Toshiro starts at me sternly. "Izuru?"

I nod my head.

"Makoto's defeat was the first instance in witch Shūsuke's plan suffered a setback. Apparently, Amagai didn't foresee Izuru winning that battle." Captain Ukitake calmly informs.

Toshiro's sighs and crosses his arms against his chest. "Guess he underestimated Izuru's tenacity.".

"We know Shūsuke Amagai went to all kinds of extremes with this, but for what?" Captain kuchiki questions who was quiet the whole time listening in.

"I have an idea why." Lady Yourichi says with a hunch.

Suddenly we hear loud pants and footsteps as Shū appears standing in front of us, he is bending forwards leaning on his knees catching his breath.

My eyes widen in surprise seeing the young boy out here, I thought he was with ichigo? "Shū what are you doing here?" I softly question.

"Ari!" He says with a smile and drops his smile as soon as he sees everyone else standing here, like he has gone all shy. "And all of you are soul reaper squad captains, right?"

"Yes, we are. Why have you come here alone?" Toshiro was quick to clarify and softy question the young boy for his safety.

"I'm here to beg you to help ichigo and the others." Shū says in urge.

My eyes widen at the mention of Ichigo's name. "What shū? What's happening?" I sternly question.

"Ichigo and Rukia are trying to catch up with Rurichiyo and Captain Amagai, who's gone after the head Captain." The boy softly explains.