Chapter 82 - Fierce Fight

Ari Kurosaki's POV

Ichigo, Captain Amagai and I were behind the men dressed in blue as they were making a run for it, 1 of them was holding onto Rurichiyo under his arm and side.

"Hold it! Damn you, stop!" Ichigo yells out in hopes they would listen but he had no luck. Instead 1 of the men came charging towards us with a sword attached to his hand.

"I've got 'em." Captain Amagai says in ease and releases his zanpaukto and clashes swords with the man. As ichigo and I kept running after the other men holding onto Rurichiyo.

He jumped onto a roof as ichigo and I followed behind him. Ichigo couldn't wait any longer and releases his zanpaukto and attacks the guy, and destroys the roof in the process. The man jumps to the ground avoiding the attack, but encounters captain Amagai stopping him in his tracks.

Ichigo and I end up behind so there was no where left for him to run. "Forget it. You're done! Let Rurichiyo go."

The man throws Rurichiyo up in the air and charges towards Captain Amagai.
Ichigo was quick to Rurichiyo's aid and catches her from falling towards the ground.

Captain Amagai slash's his sword against the man and blood spills out from his chest as he falls backwards to the ground in a groan.

Ichigo lands in a kneeled position on the ground with his head facing down. I stare at him in concern but knew that wasn't Rurichiyo.

Captain Amagai comes towards us. "Is she all right?

Ichigo stands to his feet. Showing us the Rurichiyo he was holding. "It's a doll."

"Ichigo!" We hear someone call out, and see Rukia run towards us with Shū trailing behind.

"How's Rurichiyo?" Shū asks in concern.

"It was a fake." Ichigo states bluntly.

"Not again!" Shū whines in defeat.

"So, where is she?" Rukia curiously questions.

"Who knows. But by now, they must have moved her to another location. Huh!"
Captain Amagai adds sternly. But stops as we all see a hell butterfly above us.

The hell butterfly lands on the tip of my index finger, as I wait for the news. "What's that? They're at the arena?"

(Timeskip) - squad 3 barracks arena.

We all ended up at the squad 3 arena facing 3 of Captain Amagai's men. 2 were holding some weird object like weapons and the other was holding an unconscious Izuru on his back.

"So this makoto really was involoved with the Kasumioji clan." Ichigo states firmly.

"All this time. It's just hard to believe."  Captain Amagai say in defeat

"It is. I never thought their clan's influence extended this far." Rukia adds.

"As for him, you three take lieutenant Kira to squad 4." Captain Amagai orders his men.

"Yes, sir. You can count on us." 1 of them says while looking at Izuru in worry.

"So, what's your next move?" Ichigo asks Captain Amagai.

"Tough call. This means this isn't just a matter of the succession rights anymore. The bakkoto's power overtook and killed one of my own men. That's a problem."

"WHAT'S THAT? What's a problem?"

We all hear someone yell out loudly. We see a smiling Renji standing on debris of rubble from the building.