Chapter 24 - Bounts! The Soul Hunters!

Ari Kurosaki POV

It has been a month since I have been the captain of squad 9, and I feel more at home then I was in my previous squad. Captain Unohana has cleared me from my injuries so the head captain has put me back on missions again. Shuhei has been keeping busy with the seireitei news magazine, while I have been focusing on the security force and getting to know my squad members strengths and weaknesses.

Right now I was on my way to a captains meeting at the squad 1 barracks, as I entered in the barracks, I placed my hands inside my kimono sleeves and turned right down the hall heading straight to the giant double doors waiting for them to open up. I waited patiently and the doors slowly creaked opened, I walked inside seeing the head captain in his usual spot holding his cane in his hand. I took my spot in the ninth spot, now I will be standing next to Toshiro which made me smile at the thought. Captain Kyōraku and I were the only ones here.

"Captain Kurosaki hey there" Captain Kyōraku greeted calmly.

I lightly smiled "hello captain Kyōraku".

"Congratulations on your new position".

I smiled even wider "thank you"

Captain Kyōraku smirked lightly as he brought his straw hat down to cover his eyes and Toshiro walked in the room taking his place next to me.

I smiled from ear to ear "hello Toshiro".

"Hey Ari". He said while lightly smiling in return.

"Hey Toshiro" Captain Kyōraku greeted, while lifting up his straw hat.

"hey Shunsui". Toshiro greeted back nonchalantly.

Toshiro, Captain Kyōraku and I made small talk as all the other captains entered in the room finally we can get the meeting started.

we were all standing in 1 line facing the head captain instead of 2 lines facing each other. Once the head captain saw we were ready to listen he began to speak.

"Former squad 5 captain Sōsuke Aizen, former squad 3 captain Gin Ichimaru, and former squad 9 captain Kaname Tōsen. The whereabouts of these men is still unknown. But according to reports from the department of research and development, the Hōgyoku lone to be in Aizen's possession is still dormant it will require quite a bit of time before it can be completely resurrected and used by him. It is my conclusion that there is no immediate danger, however there is no doubt these 3 men still pose a grave threat to the soul society as well, as to the world of the living therefore to deal with this danger I have formed a task force to hunt down the 3 to bring them to justice. That is all for today dismissed".

(Timeskip) Toshiro's office.

After the captains meeting Toshiro asked me to come back to his barracks to catch up for a bit. Toshiro was sitting at his desk while I was standing opposite Rangiku while she placed a cup of tea down for Toshiro.

"What about SoiFon?" Toshiro questioned curiously.

"She went off somewhere alone, apparently right before the gate was sealed shut". Rangiku explained nonchalantly.

Toshiro brought his closed fist and placed it upon his cheek, while his elbow was leaning on his office desk. "She didn't take anyone with her? No one from the punishment force!"

"That's right, that's what Ōmaeda just told me". Rangiku clarifies while watching Toshiro drink some of his tea and it fell silent for a few moments.

"What exactly is going on captain?" Rangiku asked in confusion.

"It's all apart of a plan Yoruichi Shihouin and Ukitake put together. It's nothing you need to concern yourself with". Toshiro says while holding his cup of tea. "Oh by the way what were you doing out talking to Ōmaeda in the first place, I seem to recall that you had a wholes days worth of paperwork to do". He scolded