Chapter 8 - Renji's Confrontation

Ari's POV

All of my squad members cleared the area of the 2nd barracks and started searching for the ryoka. I could feel 5 spiritual pressure scattered around the Seireitei. But one stood out feeling more familiar then the rest, no way that it could be, could it? I deeply thought.

I was cut short from my thoughts seeing that my 3rd seat Soi Fong was in front of me bowing formally on one knee, probably waiting for me to give her orders.

"Captain Kurosaki". She formally addressed.

I hummed in response, annoyed that I was interrupted from my thoughts but also from everything going on so suddenly.

"Soi Fong, I have something I want you to do for me!" I sternly mentioned.

Soi Fong was still in her bowing position awaiting on her orders. I lightly smirked. "I want you to go outside to the West rukon to gather information from there chief asking about the Reyoka". I carefully explained. Soi Fong furrowed her eyebrows in confusion probably not understanding why I have assigned this request in the first place, but she quickly changed her facial expression once I noticed and stood up from her kneeling position and slashed stepped away, without further questioning.

Now I could sense battles taking place in the 11th barracks one spiritual pressure being Ikkaku Madarame, he is the 3rd seat of the 11th squad. The other spiritual pressure not familiar meaning that it is one of the ryoka's

The other spiritual pressure was Yumichika Ayasegawa, he is the 5th seat of the 11th squad. I could sense that he was chasing someone.

I deeply sighed, and decided to take a walk through the Seireitei hoping that I will encounter the ryoka's. I thought about seeing Toshiro but quickly decided against it, he probably is still angry with the whole Momo situation, and thought that it would be best to give him space then to burden him. As I continued walking along the concrete ground, I saw the wall was crumbled to pieces like someone has busted there way through. There were a few unconscious bodies laying along the ground. I sighed again in annoyance. "What a mess". I whined aloud.

Seeing that this wasn't my problem to clean up, I'm sure that the relief squad will come to there aid soon enough. I continued walking heading towards the Repentance Cell.

Until I felt, unusual spiritual pressure lurking about the underground sewer. Knowing full well that it definitely could be the ryoka.

I was about to have a look down the sewers when, a hell butterfly, stopped me in my tracks from doing so, and it landed upon my finger.

It was informing me of the latest situation report. Ikkaku Madarame, and Yumichika Ayasegawa both of squad 11. Have Apparently been withdrawn from the front lines affected immediately, its reported that both high ranking officers have sustained serious injuries. A detailed damage assessment for the entire squad has currently underway but at the moment all we have to go on are unconfirmed primarily reports of the days action which would seem to indicate that squad 11 was almost completely annihilated. My eyes widen in shock not believing that these reyoka could cause such damage in a few hours of being in the Seireitei. The hell butterfly wasn't finished with the information it was giving me. 3 of the reyoka have been positively identified and 2 of these have taken a member of squad 4 hostage. However such a short time ago we have been unable to detect their spiritual pressure so there whereabouts is now unknown. The hell butterfly flew off up into the sky probably trying to inform other soul reapers in the area.

I clenched my jaw, seeing that these reyoka won't be easy to defeat. What is there purpose here? I thought, no one would act this recklessly without an explanation.