Chapter 75 - The New Captain Appears!

Ari Kurosaki POV

(Time skip)
3 months - the soul society

I exhale a sigh, as I lightly smile taking in my surroundings. It was a beautiful day in the seireitei seeing the sun beam bright.

I was leaving my barracks to visit Toshiro. He wanted to talk about this new Captain taking over squad 3. I on the other hand didn't find this matter very important, all I see is another person trying to fill a position that can't be replaced.
I always had a soft spot for Gin ichimaru, even though he betrayed us. I just feel like he had different motives, I mean I can be wrong after all he worships a man I completely despise.

Getting so lost in my thoughts I stop in my tracks seeing that I've arrived in the 10th barracks standing at the gates.

I enter through the wooden door's passing the 2 guards stationed guarding the said gates. They respectfully greet me as I'm passing by. I lightly nod my head in return. I make my way towards Toshiro's office knowing for a fact he will be in there doing paperwork.

Taking the many turns down corridors and finding the door to his office. I lightly knock waiting for a response. "Come in" I hear Toshiro's stern voice.

I slide the door across and enter inside the room. "Hello to you grumpy" I joke knowing that Rangiku is probably the cause of this mood, or maybe the mountains of paperwork he is always stuck doing.

I hear a heaved sigh leave Toshiro's mouth  "sorry Ri I just have a lot on my plate."

I lightly grin. "Your forgiven shiro"

I walk towards his desk and lean down to peck his forehead. He turns his head from the sweet gesture. He smiled back at me looking fondly into my brown orbs and goes in for a quick kiss. Who are we kidding a quick kiss, more like a long felt one. We still had our lips pressed against the other enjoying the moment.

What broke us apart was hearing a loud slam of hands hit Toshiro's wooden office desk. I'm surprised that his stack of paperwork didn't fall over.
We see Rangiku looking ecstatic as ever
"Im not sorry for breaking this moment and hi Captain Kurosaki!. Anyway
Wowww! Have you heard the latest news, they're bringing in a new Captain to take over command of squad 3"

"Hello to you to Rangiku!" I lightly joke cutting in the conversation.

Toshiro held annoyed closed eyed expression, seeing a little forehead vain appear. I lightly grinned "Yes of course I've heard about it as a captain I've been notified. It will be made official at the meeting tomorrow." Toshiro continues on with his paperwork as he is writing with his ink brush.
I stand next to Toshiro with my arms folded inside my shihakusho sleeves.

Rangiku steps away from the desk as she placed her index finger towards her lips in a thinking manner. "It must be Izuru Kira, that's very strange though I wonder when he found the time to master bankai"

"Izuru received no such promotion" Toshiro states firmly.

Rangiku again slammed her hands on Toshiro's office desk this time knocking over his tall stack of paperwork. "You got to be kidding"

"Stop making such a mess." Toshiro loudly scolds Rangiku. "I'm not kidding and frankly we haven't been briefed on any of the details." He stated honestly as he shifts his gaze to me.

Rangiku shares a look with us as she steps back from the desk again taking in the new information. "Is that right! The truth is I never thought Kira was good captain material anyway. Squad 3 is pretty tough you think the new captain will be able to take charge"

"We will find out tomorrow Rangiku." Toshiro firmly says.
It fell silent for a few moments but toshiro loudly bursts in anger as he grew a tick mark. I try to suppress my grin but can't help it, I can never take him seriously when he yells at Rangiku.
"Now forget about this and get back to work"