Chapter 68 - High Alert (filler)

(4th squad barracks).

Toshiro Hitsugaya's POV

I was currently standing outside Ari's room with my arm's crossed against my chest.
Looking sternly at Renji, and ikkaku.

They have been ordered to guard Ari's room just in case the Ryoka try to attack again, they have already done it twice, being unnoticed.
Not only Renji and Ikkaku. The Head Captain thought it would be best to have the 4th squad barracks highly guarded by seated officers, and Lieutenant's.

I have been informed that the Ryoka Ari captured will be questioned today, I hope that we can get some answer's as to why the sudden attack.

"This is boring" ikkaku whine's while he was resting his zanpatuko behind his neck, and his hand's were placed along the stealth.

Renji was quick to elbow him in the ribs. "Sorry Captain Hitsugaya for Ikkaku's behavior."

I hummed in response, while my arms were still crossed against my chest. "I expect the both of you to take this seriously. Captain Kurosaki was attacked twice within less than 24 hours, we can't afford to make the same mistake again"

"Yes sir" they both say in sync.

"Captain Hitsugaya sir". Lieutenant Hisagi formally greet's.

"What can I do for you Lieutenant?" I firmly question.

"Is my Captain Allowed any visitor's yet". He ask's in hope.

"I'm honestly not sure. We've just been ordered from the head captain to keep guard in the 4th squad barracks, and in the area."

Hisagi nod's his head in understanding, and turn's towards Renji, and Ikkaku. "Thank you renji, Ikkaku for guarding my captain, I appreciate it".

They both nod back in acknowledgement. "We are glad to help" renji expresses, with a reassuring smile.

(Time-skip) - 3 hours later.

I was walking in a fast paced through the 4th squad barracks corridor's,my socks were making low thud sound's against the floorboards, as I was trying to find Lieutenant Kotetsu.

Referring back to Hisagi's question about Ari allowing visitor's. I haven't been able to see her due to ordering around seated officer's and Lieutenant's around squad 4, making sure that everything is highly secured. I can't allow for this mistake to happen again. I exhale a sigh in frustration, trying to calm my mind with all the overthinking. I can't let it consume me.

I cross paths with a random squad 4 member. They formally bow in greeting. "Please can you tell me where Lieutenant Kotetsu is?"

"Unfortunately she is out of the barracks today. I'm sorry Captain Hitsugaya sir". The young girl says in apology.

"I was wondering if Captain Kurosaki is allowed any visitor's yet?" I urgently asked.

The young girl smiled from ear to ear. "If you give me a moment, I can ask for you Captain Hitsugaya. If you follow me, I will ask Yasochika Iemura. He is in charge of personnel today, while Lieutenant Koetesu is away."

I nodded my head in response and followed behind the young girl in silence.

Upon reaching a closed door, the young girl knocked, waiting for a response through the other side.
"Yes come in"

The young girl pushed open the door, and I followed in behind her. "Captain Hitsugaya sir, what can I do for you?" Yasochika Lemura asks.

"Sorry to interrupt you. I wanted to ask if Captain Kurosaki is allowed any visitor's?" I asked hopeful.

The 3rd seat of squad 4 held a blank expression. "Unfortunately Captain Hitsugaya sir, Captain Unohana forbid's anyone to see Captain Kurosaki for the time being until further notice. Captain Kurosaki is in deep critical care right now, anyone in her present's can cause stress to her mental and physical state. But I can assure you Captain Hitsugaya you will be the first to know when she will be allowed any visitor's. I'm sorry for any inconvenience sir".

I sigh in defeat, not being able to argue with those conditions and only nod my head in understanding, leaving the room in silence.

I had a feeling that would be the case. I mentally thought walking back to the main area in the 4th squad barracks. The head Captain put me in charge of leading this security team here, so I guess the only thing to keep me occupied is to continue my duty for Ari's sake.

I thought it would be best to find Hisagi and inform him of the situation. I walked straight towards where Ari's room is, knowing for a fact he will be waiting their for any good news on his Captain. I guess I'm the bearer of bad news.
Walking along the many corridors in squad 4 I finally see the entrance of where Renji and ikkaku were guarding Ari's door.
Right in front of them was a talking Hisagi.

"Captain Hitsugaya is everything okay?" Renji quickly questions in concern.

"Everything is fine. I just wanted to inform the 3 of you of the latest information I received from 3rd seat officer Yasochika Lemura. For right now until further notice from Captain Unohana. Captain Kurosaki isn't allowed any visitor's due to being in a critical state. The only people allowed in her room, are Captain Unohana, Lieutenant Kotetsu, and 3rd seat officer Yasochika Lemura. Anyone else shall not enter or they will be charged with arrest".

Renji, ikkaku, and Shūhei all held different sorts of emotions. Renji of determination, ikkaku of bore but followed order's as told, and Shūhei of deep regret. But they all nodded in response following order's and Instruction.

"Stand by until any further information. Renji and Ikkaku". I firmly ordered them.

They both nodded again in response understanding the situation at hand.
I let them be, walking in the other direction but stopped in my tracks.

"Wait Captain Hitsugaya" Shūhei called out, as he caught up to me in the long corridor.

"Yes what is it?" I sternly questioned, turning around to face him.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He ask's in hope.

I exhale a sigh feeling his pain for Ari, I'm feeling just as much even more pain. "She will get through this. We both know her well enough, that something like this won't stop her from fighting back."

I try to say word's of positivity in hope's to reassure him or maybe it was to reassure myself.

Shūhei's frown turned into a light smile probably thinking of Ari, thinking of everything about her, her strength, her leadership, her kindness, and most of all, her love towards the people she cares about most.
I also catch myself smiling at the thought of her, the women I love, in this life and the next.