23. Draupadi's swayamvar

HAPPY MAHASHIVRATRI

In Kampilya:
Kri- Maharaj drupad is it okay if I set the task for sakhi's swayamvar?
Dru- I have no issues dwarkadeesh but make sure the task is difficult.
Kri- don't worry maharaj.

After talking to drupad Krishna went to talk to Indradev.

Indra- Pranam shree Krishna what brings you here?
Kri- Pranam Indradev , I have come here to ask for a favour from you.
Indra- What favour Shree Krishna?
Kri- To make your mortal son Arjun's valour known through the aryavart , it is necessary for him to win the Swayamvar of Sakhi Draupadi and I have been given the duty to choose a task for the participants.
Indra- So in that case how can I help you?
Kri- Because of being "wrongly cursed" Arjun's powers have gone down the vein. I will teach them later. But for now it would be nice if you could make a dhanush with your powers and give it to me.
Indra- But why?
Kri- Because Arjun is your mortal son and he can lift it up easily.

In Indradev chanted the mantras of one of his dhanush.

Indra- Ohh okay , this is Kindhura dhanush it is made out of my powers.
Kri- Okay Indradev thankyou now I will take your leave.

In Hastinapur , royal court:
Ra- Pranam maharaj.
Dury- Pranam maharani tell me what brings you here?
Ra- I have come here with a offer.
Dury- What kind of offer maharani.

While calling his jiji maharani Duryodhan was cringing. He as hated it when his jiji called him maharaj. All the Kauravas were making fun of Duryodhan. While Gandhari , Dhritarashtra and dushala were trying to hold back their laughter. [Amba , Ambika and Ambalika had gone to Mahendra giri parvat to spend time with Mata Dharini who had become like their sister]

Ra- an offer of land. If Hastinapur gives me Khandavprasth I would give Hastinapur the kingdom of Ujjain.
Dush- I think it is a nice deal maharaj.
Dury- Agreed Maharani.

After that the family spent time together. While they were having dinner Bhanumati fainted. When the Vaidya checked her they got to know that she was pregnant. Suyodhan and Bhanumati were on cloud nine. Then when the parents were alone with the siblings. Dushasan told to his parents about the love he has for the rajkumari of Dwarka Subhadra , Vikarna confessed that he was in love with rakshasi Hidimbi to which no one protested as even being a rakshas she was first a human like them. Then Radhika told them something that sent them on cloud nine.

TIME SKIP:

In Panchal:
All of the guests had arrived including Eklavya , Shon , Radhika , Karna , Vrushali , Avantika and Aditya. From Hastinapur only Dushasan had come and Ashwatthama had come from Panchal alone as Shrikhandini was pregnant and couldn't travel. All the Saptrishi's had also come with their respective Kingdoms.

Then Drupad greeted all the guests. Drupad told them the rules of the Swayamvar. Then the Kindhura dhanush was brought in the Royal ground and the Swayamvar started. Also the citizens of Kampilya were there too.

One by one all of the royals came and tried to win the contest but failed. That's when Three Brahmins entered the Sabha and stood with the other brahman's.

Then it was time for dushasan to participate.

Dush- Pranam Maharaj drupad but I cannot participate in the Swayamvar.
Dru- Why Yuvraj?
Dush- All the 100 Kauravas have taken an oth to only marry once. And for me there is someone else who I would like to see as my wife.
Kri- Okay Yuvraj.