44. A Boon and A Curse

Rishi Durvasa's point of view:
I was on my way to the kingdom of kuntibhoj as I was requested to do some yagya. When I reached the kingdom like always everyone was scared of me so no one wanted to serve me. It was at that time I saw a 13 year old girl who was dressed as a princess asking the king permission to serve me.

I could make out that the girl was scared by the look on her face. Then I through my yogic powers got to know that she was agreeing to serve me as she was scared that I will curse her kingdom or her father. But I didn't find it for the people it was mostly because she wanted to keep her royal status and luxuries safe.

Later that day me and kuntibhoj the king found the right Murat to do the Pooja which was after 3 months. Through my stay for 3 months the princess served me day and night.

I being impressed by her gave her a mantra as a boon from which she would be able to call any gods and goddesses and be blessed with their child , there was a twist as the boon would only work 5 times. I warned the princess to not use this boon before marriage as it would lead to her downfall.

Later I returned to my kingdom of Ayodhya where I lived in the Sita Bhavan.

With Brahmarakshini,
She was on her way to the barren land of Kurukshetra. While she was riding her horse she was thinking that how could a person like Bhishma be related to the pure Ganga. She closed her eyes and saw what was going on in Kurukshetra between the battle of the guru and his shishya.

No Brahmarakshini had left all her powers in the Magical wand in a safe. There were two wands of Devi Naintara. One had her good powers and the other had her destructive powers.

The wand that had her bad powers.

The wand that had her good powers

No one was aware of the place where Devi Naintara had kept her wands except Rohan

No one was aware of the place where Devi Naintara had kept her wands except Rohan. But he was not going to use the wand that contained the powers of his mother until there was no option left.

Devi Naintara had also left her Trishul and Chakra along with her magical wands. Later she took the avatar as Brahmarakshini.

Brahmarakshini was broken out of her thoughts when she reached the land of Kurukshetra. She saw that Bhishma was going to use the brahmaastra and Parshuram was going to used brahmashirastra. Brahmarakshini knew that if these 2 mahaastras collide I could end the world.

She quickly called her pinak dhanush that she had gotten by Mahadev as her boon and with advanced techniques of archery she called upon 2 brahmandastra's and then she shot the 2 Astras at the brahmashirastra and the brahmastra. Preventing the mass destruction of the entire universe. Parshuram and Bhishma were shocked to see the interruption of their fight.

When they looked at who interrupted their fight they were shocked to see that it was nun other then the great Brahmarishika , the Ati-maharathi and the queen of Ayodhya Mata Brahmarakshini herself. But the gods and goddesses in the heaven were happy that the destruction was prevented.

Parshu- Mata why did you stop this war?
Rakshi- Putra if I wouldn't stop you the entire universe could have ended.
Parshu- But it is my kartavya to help a person who came to me in hopes to find justice.
Bhis- What I did is my kartavya gurudev and I stand by it.
Rakshi- Kartavya kartavya kartavya stop it with your false kartavya. Your heinous act is just like the act that Ravaan did with Mata Sita.
You have no shame in the name of your Kartavya you killed the family of Gandhari just because her family didn't tell you that she was married to a cow before her marriage to Dhritarashtra. But don't forget it was you who forced her to marry your nephew by taking the army of Hastinapur and their alliances.
You don't have respect for women so I Brahmarakshini curse you Gangaputra Devrat that from now every sin that you will commit will make you distant from your mother and one day when your sins are fill till the top when ever you try to go in the pure river of Ganga the water will part as it will not be able to bare your sins. Also at the time of your death like you rejected the plea of Amba to save her dignity the pure water of Ganga will reject you.

As Mata Brahmarakshini gave this brutal curse to Bhishma the clouds turned dark , thunder struck and for Bhishma who want to use his boon of icha mrityu became devastated. Parshuram and Amba also stood there in disbelief due to the curse that was given to Bhishma. That's when Mata Brahmarakshini turned to Amba and said.

Rakshi- Putri Amba I know that I cannot take your pain away but I can say this if my son Durvasa agrees to marry you I will have no objection.
Amba- Thankyou Devi but what if rishivar rejects me then?
Rakshi- I will take you as my own daughter. Parshuram you go and rest I will meet you soon to ask for my guru dakshina.
Parshu- Ji mata.

Saying that she along with Amba went towards Ayodhya. Later when Durvasa came home from kuntibhoj Brahmarakshini told him about everything that happened. Rishi Durvasa with the upbringing that he got from his mother accepted Amba as his wife and their marriage was done.

A year went by and Rishi Durvasa was now accompanied by his wife Amba to his morning prayers. But today was a different day as today while doing their prayers they saw a basket coming their way with the noise of a baby crying from inside. That's when Rishi Durvasa jumped into the river and got the basket out. When Devi Amba and him opened the basket they were shocked to see a Child in it.

Kuntibhoj,
The princess of Kuntibhoj was walking while thinking of the boon she got from Rishi Durvasa a year ago and out of curiosity she used the boon today.

New chapter will be uploaded after this chapter has 30 votes.
_________________________
AUTHORS NOTE:

What do you think about the curse given to Bhishma?

Did you expect Devi Naintara to not have her powers?

Did you expect Durvasa Rishi to marry Amba?