84. Draupadi's Svayamvar

Drupad- The task of the svayamvar is simple. My daughter will marry the most powerful person. There are 3 divine weapons of Devraj Indra which he had gifted to our ancestors. The three weapons that a person has to pick are the Bhala (Spear) , Gada (Mace) and Dhanush (Bow).

Hearing that Krishna whispered in the Ears of drupad saying.

Kri- Maharaj if you want to check you future son-in-law you should also have to check his ability to fight with a Talvar (sword) and a parshu (axe).
Drupad- You are right Dwarkadeesh. The person who is successful in using the three weapons will go to the next round where you will have to fight with a Talvar (sword) and a parshu (axe). Hence if the fight ends in a tie Draupadi will select her husband.

Everyone over there was shocked as it was the first time such task was happening. The kaunteya's had now regretted not taking knowledge of other weapons but they thought that since they are the best in the first 3 weapons no one can defeat them. 102 of the kuruvanshi's knew all the weapons but most of the Kauravas had already gotten married so it was decided that Nakul will participate in the svayamvar as Karenumati had grown closer to Draupadi as Madra and Kampilya have always had a close relationship. So since the birth of the fire born's Karenumati had been like a sibling to both of them.

The duels had began and most of the royals had passed the spear fight and the Archery but the felt weak in mace fighting but they still won. Abhay , Ashwatthama and Karna did not participate. When Abhay backed off it was as if the plans of drupad went down the well.

Then came the time of the Marwar royals and obviously the 3 brothers dueled with their primary weapons. They told the royals that they are fighting for the eldest and that Draupadi would marry Yudhishthir. They said so as they wanted Draupadi to be the maid of their mother and their common wife.
Later the duels were over and they went into the next round. Along with the others.

Now it was the chance of Nakul he fought against Rukmi and defeated him in a humiliating match for Rukmi.

Later the match with swords and axe started and the people who were fighting the war was Yudhishthir , Bheem , Arjun , Nakul , Dantavakra , Pundarik , Satyaki and Trigant Naresh.

After long time of fighting and no winner the contest was declared as tie. Meaning that now Draupadi would chose her husband from the people.

Draupadi- I chose ...

TO BE CONTINUED.

---------------------
AMBARESHWARI : THE PRINCESS OF KASHI

What if there was a 4th Kashi princess who was also abducted by Bhishma?

What if she was the eldest sister and also later became a warrior to get justice?

What if she cursed Bhishma but the tridev's and tridevi's on the request of Mata Ganga lifted the curse?

What if she in anger vowed something that shook the entire universe?

What happens after?