73. Radha's Svayamvar

Karna's POV:
I was on my way to meet Pitashree and Mata. I reached their room and knower on the door. After few seconds Pitashree opened the door and let me in. When I entered the room I saw all the royal ladies minus Satyavati in the room. I did Pranam to all to which they reciprocated.

Dhri- Putra you here at this time? It thought you were resting.
Karna- Yes Mata I was but now I am fresh.
Bhav- Is there a reason of your arrival in Hastinapur?
Karna- Yes Pitashree , it is related to chachashree Devapi.
Ga- But Tatshree pitamaha Devapi had left to become a Tapashvi right?
Karna- Yes putri Gandhari , But the son he had , had become a father to a daughter called Radha. But soon after chachashree left his son and daughter-in-law passed away.
Ambika- But then how did you come to know about her?
Karna- Devapi chacha got to know about that and he got Radha in Mithila the kingdom I had just won. He asked me to take care of her hence I agreed to it.
Ambalika- Then what now bhrata?
Karna- Now in the capital of Mithila , Janakpur. I am going to arrange a svayamvar like how the svayamvar of Maa Sita had happened.
Bhav- That is nice putra , so I assume you are here to ask this family to join before time?
Karna- Yes pitashree.
Dhri- Okay putra we all will come over there.
Karna- Okay Mata , now I will take your leave as I have to return to the kingdom before as I have to be in the court proceedings.

Saying that and after meeting all of them I left from Hastinapur and went to Anga.

ONE MONTH LATER:

Krishna's POV:
One month had passed by with a breeze and I found myself going towards Mithila along with dau. I was representing Ayodhya while he was representing Manipur.

I got déjà vu , I missed taking in kaliyug style. But the people in this era would think I am crazy.

After sometime we reached the palace of Mithila and were welcomed by Samragini Dhriti and Gandhari.

When I entered the Sabha I saw all the people except 2 of them. 1 Jalandhar and the the being the family of Lanka. But I wasn't shocked as both of their kingdoms were secluded from aryavart and more ahead in time too. That's when Karna said.

Karna- I karna welcome you all to the svayamvar of my brothers daughter.
The svayamvar will happen just the way how the svayamvar of Mata Sita had happened in this very palace.

I looked at everyone in the court and saw Ashwatthama and Abhay. I was a little worried as I knew that they both being the Ansh of Mahadev will surely pick up the bow. I wanted to pick it up before them.

Radha's POV:
I was sitting in my room when a soldier came and told me that I have been called in the court room.

When I entered all eyes were on me some were with good intentions while the others were with bad intentions.

The svayamvar had started many people tried but non were successful. Jaydrath , Shishupal , Trigant Naresh , Rukmi etc. all tried but failed.

Then came the chance of Ashwatthama. I was worried as he was an Ansh of Mahadev and could easily pick up the bow. But what he said shocked everyone.

Ash- Maharaj me and my brother Abhay wouldn't participate in the svayamvar.
Jaydrath- Haha are your scared that you will lose?
Abhay- We are not scared but you are for sure dumb.
Karna- Sinduraj respect everyone in the Sabha or you will be thrown out of Anga and Mithila. Maharaj Ashwatthama and Maharaj Abhay why don't you want to participate in the svayamvar?
Ash- Because our mother is the adopted daughter of Rajkumar Shantanu making us meaning me , Abhay and Radha cousin's.

I looked around the Sabha and everyone was as shocked as I was. But nun the less the proceedings went on and now it was the turn of Krishna. I was happy about it , but I felt the time going slow.

Krishna came and he slowly touched the dhanush and then he slowly gripped his hand around it. As he picked up the dhanush his leg slipped and his grip around the dhanush broken. That's when the dhanush started to fall.

TO BE CONTINUED.