7TH GEAR - TAKE MY HAND AND JOIN THE DARK SIDE

It's the second day of my school life at Saint Crusade Academy. The first day was kind of eventful, and I don't plan on having that kind of stressful day once more. I will stick true to my word and never involve myself with mages again.

Or so I thought.

It was a little bit different this time because I woke up much earlier than before. If I caught the early morning train, I will still have one hour allowance. I do not want to be late like yesterday, but I still don't feel like I'm in a rush.

I was leisurely walking down the road until the sweet breeze of the morning beach air splashed on my face. I looked to the left and saw the beach and the ocean. This is the place where I first met that pink-haired mage that was coincidentally a classmate of mine.

"G-Good morning, Jonathan!" A familiar sweet voice entered my right ear.

When I looked forward, I realized that a pink-haired girl with a cute face and blue eyes was right in front of me!

"Uwaaaaaah!" I shrieked in surprise.

"Waaaaaaaah!" Fluonessia answered with the same tone of astonishment!

"Oh, it's just you." I held my racing heart and sighed. "Why are you acting so surprised if you're going to jump on me!?"

"I didn't mean to ambush you! I was just trying to greet you but then you shouted! So I got surprised too!" Fluonessia cried.

"We're fifty-fifty to blame here, so let's just forget it and move on, okay?" I said.

"Okay!" Fluonessia nodded in confirmation.

I continued to walk forward, and then the pink idiot followed my trail. She still has this innocent stare at me with her sparkling blue eyes. It looks like she is a puppy who is following her master.

"..."

"..."

Finally, Fluonessia broke the silence. Given her energetic personality, I knew that she will break this awkward void between us.

"U-Um, I haven't thanked you properly yesterday because you instantly vanished. So I am here to say thank you." Fluonessia bowed.

"Don't mention it. And that Speed Battle was won because of your efforts. I have little to nothing to do about it." I answered.

"That's not true!" Fluonessia pumped her fists and pouted. "If you did not coach me back there, I never would have learned how to enchant my feet with elemental magic! And also! I wouldn't be able to escape from Captain Tezza's Lightning Whirlpool!"

Well, she has a point, although enchanting your feet with elemental magic is the most basic of the basics of being a Speedmage. That sudden surge of wind energy is noteworthy of attention though, as I have never seen any Speedmage pour lots of mana in just a single Accel-type spell.

On another note, maybe I completely deserve the praise for the right timing to escape the Lightning Whirlpool.

But in the end, Fluonessia won because she managed to do that almost-impossible acrobatics and Air Trampoline she pulled on at the last second.

"Also..." Fluonessia's face went bright because of her cute smile. "You taught me how to play a Speed Battle. It was so much fun!"

"So much fun, huh?" I muttered to myself. I stared at the horizon of the beach and let my face bask in the soothing air.

Back when I was a kid, watching Speedmages compete looked like so much fun. I had the same enthusiasm as Fluonessia regarding Speed Battles. Unfortunately, my dream of participating in that kind of sport was immediately shattered when I learned that I cannot use magic.