16TH GEAR - I WILL NEVER GO TO A FANCY RESTAURANT AGAIN

It took about an hour until Fluonessia and Ericka finally exited the Magical Tailor shop. They left me at the entrance like a servant dog, waited for almost sixty minutes, and they did not even bother to notice me. Instead, they kept on walking while carrying their shopping bags. I just tailed them wordlessly as I try to eavesdrop.

"The tailor said that our Speedmage suits will be ready in two weeks," Ericka said.

"I can't wait! I'm so excited to try it out in a match!" Fluonessia pumped her fists.

"Yours is really adorable, Fluonessia. I think you might attract a cute boyfriend once you wear it!" Ericka smiled.

"R-Really!? W-Well, yours look more elegant and sexy! I'm pretty sure you will be the most popular person in the academy!" Fluonessia said.

I heard yesterday that President Ericka wanted to change her Speedmage Suit, so she went with Fluonessia to the Magical Tailor. Maybe her old Speedmage Suit does not fit anymore, which explains why she is wary of me hearing her measurements. Anyway, I'm curious about what their suits will be, based on both of their descriptions. Fluonessia and Ericka are real beauties, so I'm excited to see how they will look like full-fledged Speedmages.

Suddenly, Ericka finally turned to me and acknowledged my existence.

"You better not think dirty thoughts about us, coach."

"Yes, yes," I said in an uncaring manner.

"Ah!" Fluonessia gasped. "We almost forgot about the coach's outfit!"

"Oh, you're right!" Ericka also exclaimed as she looked at one of her shopping bags.

My outfit? I thought there was an old varsity jacket that has the Merry Knights logo in it back in the abandoned hospital- I mean, our club building. Cruzo even told me that I will wear those things since our budget is cut to cater to our Speedmages' equipment and attire. Coaches do not need Speedmage Suits anyway.

"Here it is!" Ericka had this wide smile on her face. She presented me with a small rectangular box.

"Come on! Open it, Jonathan!" Fluonessia hopped like an excited pup.

"Okay..." I took the box and my fingers carefully opened the lid. I thought at first that it was some kind of magic phone but then realized that what was inside is a pair of round glasses.

"Tada!" Fluonessia cheered.

"That is Mystic Glasses." Ericka held her hips proud. "As our coach, you will need to observe mana traces coming from us and our opponents. It will also help you monitor our magical capacities as a Speedmage."

"That's right!" Fluonessia nodded.

To explain further, a normal human eye can only perceive magical specks of dust unleashed by the mages whenever they cast a spell. With Mystic Glasses, we can track the mana traces inside their body and see their current mana pool. An intermediate magus can see these mana traces without any aid, but I will need these glasses to do it since I'm magicless.

"Try it!" Fluonessia said.

I wordlessly put on the glasses, and my view of the world changed. It's like seeing the surroundings in negative, but instead of black and white, it was filled with rainbow colors that a normal eye could not perceive. It's like I'm seeing flavors, smells, and emotions in the air.

"Pffft!" Ericka covered her laugh by covering her mouth.

"Hey, what's so funny?" I asked.

"Hey, coach! Say some nerdy stuff!" Ericka said in a mocking deep voice, then chuckled. "Pffft!"