14TH GEAR - AM I GETTING TREATED LIKE A DOG?

"Come here, Goku!"

A sweet voice blended with the cool ocean air.

It was a bright sunny morning here in the Eastern Islands where Fluonessia lives. This was my first time here, and I'd say the place is quite suburban compared to the mainland. The people here live as simply as possible, and there's not even a magical technology in sight. I can see vast fields of farmlands, and at the edges of the island are fishermen readying their boats to work.

I have agreed to fetch Fluonessia this early in the morning. It's Saturday, so there are no classes in the Academy.

"I'm sorry, Jonathan! I had to walk my dog every seven in the morning! It's my routine every weekend! Tahaha!" Fluonessia said.

"It's fine. Do what you have to do." I waved back with a smile.

Fluonessia is in her casual clothes, which is a pure white silky summer dress that reveals her long milky legs. She looks like a fairy in such a simple outfit that emphasizes her cuteness.

I looked at the dog, which seemed to be a german shepherd breed. It sat right in front of me and panted with its tongue out. It looks tamed and docile. I had the urge to pat it.

"Don't worry, Jonathan. Goku is a good boy. He doesn't bite." Fluonessia said.

"What is his name again? Goku?" I asked with the suppressing urge to laugh.

"Y-Yeah, why?" Fluonessia blushed in embarrassment. "I-I named him after my favorite anime character, isn't it cute?"

"That's actually a good name, though quirky," I said.

"I-I'm quite an otaku myself, tahahaha!"

Fluonessia scratched her head in embarrassment. Then she tried hard to change the embarrassing topic as she sat and then offered her hand to the dog.

"Paw!"

The dog put his paw above Fluonessia's palm.

"Turn around!"

The dog turned in a clockwise fashion.

"Sit!"

The dog sat obediently.

"Play dead!"

The dog lay down on the ground with its belly exposed.

"Wow, that's a well-trained dog right there," I commented.

"That's not all he can do!" Fluonessia stood up proudly. Then she offered a ridiculous command to the dog! "Go make a sandwich!"

"Woof!"

Goku barked then ran towards the entrance of a three-story traditional wooden house which is apparently Fluonessia's home. After about a minute, the dog returned with a sandwich in his mouth. It laid the sandwich right on my foot as if it was offering sacrifices to a god.

I... I was at a loss for words. I don't even know what to think of it.

Meanwhile, Fluonessia looked at her pocket watch and shrieked.

"Ah! It's almost time! We decided to meet up with Prez in the Shopping District before eight, right?"

"Yeah. Shit, we won't make it to the ferry departure time!" I said.

Eastern Islands are separated from the mainland as it is covered by a body of water. The only way to arrive at this island is to have a private boat or board a ferry unless you know a magic that makes you fly or swim.