88TH GEAR - AGAINST THE TELEPORTER

88TH GEAR – AGAINST THE TELEPORTER

Today is the long-awaited day when I will confront my old friend one final time.

Vincent and Justine will be doing their final Speed Battle against Fluonessia and me at the Merry Knights Training Grounds. The Triangle is all set, the viewing deck for navigators is all clean, and all facilities of the Merry Knights are now ready for this one last Speed Battle for the Speedmage Champion who was dubbed "The Teleporter."

For some reason, this event has become the Saint Crusade's hottest news of the year. Speedmages from Eaglecrest are already given to watch their ace, but I never expected Cool Escape Speedmages such as the three captains who are going to spectate this fight. Not only that, even the professors such as Miss Terror, the perverted school nurse, and my foolish father have secured the best seats to watch this Speed Battle.

Oh before I forgot... the paparazzi girl was also here, and she brought up five more paparazzi with her. I guess her whole club will be covering up an article for Vincent's one last Speed Battle.

Meanwhile...

"One-two! Three-four! Five-six! Seven-eight!"

I am busy setting up my telepathic headphones, while Flu is doing some stretching here at the viewing deck, loudly counting her rhythm. Flu is already alluring and sexy on her Speedmage Suit, and now that she is doing some flexible splits and some daring leg stretching, I cannot help but think of indecent thoughts about her.

"Yosh! I am all set!" Flu hopped with pumping fists action. Her smile is ear-to-ear, which just means she is the most hyped person to have this Speed Battle. She will be facing an Ex-Speedmage Champion after all.

Seeing that Flu is ready, I looked at my pocket watch and realized that there is only ten minutes before the match starts. Vincent is suiting up in our guild changing room, and his navigator Justine is already right beside me.

"Hey, Coach!" Flu hopped right in front of me with her trembling closed fists raised. "Let's do that thing again!"

I immediately figured out what she was talking about based on her enthusiastic smile. I guess being lovers connects our thoughts in so many ways.

"What? Why? That is too embarrassing!" I cried.

"But I will never unlock past my 100% if we do not do it!" Flu puffed her cheeks adorably.

"You're just making that up! And that is too embarrassing to say right now that so many people are watching!"

"Jeez, Coach! You should not be embarrassed about this since we've done it already! You just have to summon that inner determination and guts in you!" Flu smiled.

"Now you're talking like Cruzo..." I muttered.

Flu grabbed my hand and dragged me to the edge of the viewing deck, completely ignoring my previous objections. When we were inches away from falling off, Flu stopped and then smiled at me.

"Don't be shy! Let's do it!"

"R-Right." I gave a wry smile.

Flu inhaled a lot of air softly and then burst it all out of her mouth.

"I'm in looooooooooove!"

"I'm in love." I followed with less energy

"I'm in loooooooooooove!" Flu hollered out loud.

"I'm in love," I whispered.

"I'm in looooooooooooove!" Flu cried for the last time.

"I'm in love," I muttered under my breath.