56TH GEAR - COUNT GAYLORD DRACULUS OF THE MANGO CRISTO

This is the Semifinals Round of the Regional Speedmage Tournament. Thankfully, the whole Merry Knights Guild arrived on time with no issues. Nobody overslept, nobody got electrocuted, and nobody barfed. We only had some issues with Cruzo because he ate too many chili burritos yesterday, so he has occupied one of the restroom cubicles for almost thirty minutes now.

"One more step closer to becoming a Speedmage Champion! I'm so exciiiiited!" Flu pumped her fists with full energy.

Flu is in top shape too. We only practiced until ten yesterday, so it was guaranteed that she got a good night's sleep. She's way better off today, so I expect better results on her performance for this next match.

I read the rules of the Regional Speedmage Tournament. The Top 3 contenders will be entering the National Speedmage Tournament this Christmas, and winning the Semifinal Round will guarantee us a ticket to the nationals. So it is safe to say that as long as Flu wins this fight, even if we get beaten by Vincent, we will still have a second chance against him at Christmas.

"Go for it Flu! You are the proud ace of the Merry Knights! Seize victory and make your president proud!" Ericka cheered our best contender.

"I will do my best, Prez!" Flu pumped her fists yet again.

"And good luck to you also, Coach. I was grateful that you joined the Merry Knights. Cruzo and I may have lost, but we will never get this far without you." Ericka smiled with a blush. She's breaking her character and now saying her honest gratitude to me.

"W-Well." I scratched my head and looked away to hide my flustered cheeks. "I am glad that you picked me as your coach too, Prez. You gave me this opportunity, so I will never fail you."

"Ehehe! What's with these cheesy lines? This is not the finals yet, so go and get wild out there!" Ericka patted our backs and pushed us to the open arena. "Break a leg!"

"You got it, Prez!" Flu smiled with cemented resolve. "I will run so fast until I break all my legs!"

"That's not what she asked for, Flu," I said as a background remark.

Flu and I went to the viewing stage and then we checked our equipment. I put on my headset, while Flu started to stretch like a cat. She also tried hopping and used a weak wind enhancement on her feet to check her Speedmage Shoes for problems.

"All good to go, Coach!" Flu beamed.

The opponents have also made their appearance. Lilith Nightshade is a peculiar beauty with a tall sexy body build but with a menacing smile and glare. She is a witch for having an enchanting and alluring but dark charisma.

Her Speedmage Shoes is Baphomet, a unique black high-heeled boots that channel best with dark magic. It has worn-out gold linings in it which makes it look like an antique. This Speedmage Shoes is best suited for spell casting, so I guess she is a Counter Speedmage.

"Well hello there, Fluonessia-girl, and Jonathan-boy."

The opponent navigator greeted. He is a tall pale white man with crimson eyes. He is wearing a long black cape and an antique tuxedo, which gives him the vibe of a monarch. But since I can see his fangs peeking from his lips, I am sure that this person is a vampire.

The vampire genuflected as he introduced himself. "My name is Count Gaylord Draculus. Please don't misinterpret my name as I am not gay. I am a lord though, the Duke of Mango Cristo. I was the one who impaled one thousand crusaders five hundred years ago during the War of the Cursed Gate Guardians. I'm pretty sure you've read me from your history books. But now, I had a change of heart and fell in love with Speed Battles, so I have no desire to destroy this world anymore."