62ND GEAR - OTAKUS AND THEIR CRAZY HOT MOMS

The bell rang from the tower of the campus, signaling the end of the classes. Students have clumped into small groups, and some others have already exited the classroom.

I looked at the empty desk in my front. Flu really did not show up. This is the very first time in six months that she was absent. She might be stupid as a brick, but she always does her best to attend her classes with a jolly attitude and an unerasable smile on her face.

Normally, once the bell rings, Flu would pester me and shout "I'm excited to practice!". Now that the annoying screams of that adorable girl are not here, I feel lonely. Well, she's the only friend I got in this school, and most mages avoid me like I have coronavirus.

"I gotta visit her," I muttered under my breath.

There was this assignment in English that she should submit tomorrow, and also I have her handouts on Calculus and Algebra. Now I have a perfect excuse to see her and learn how she's doing. Maybe she's still sulking over her loss, considering her performance in practice yesterday was darn awful. I have to at least console her as a coach, no, as a friend.

I left a note to the Merry Knights that I will be taking a day off and I am going to check on Fluonessia's condition. Then I went and boarded the ferry towards the Eastern Islands. The ride was one hour only, but it was the longest hour I spent in my life thinking and looking at the vast blue ocean.

The sun is already setting when I got myself in front of Flu's three-story house. And there, I can hear a familiar loud singing voice from their house' third floor.

"I wanna be the very best, like no one ever waaaaaas!"

I'm pretty sure that it was Flu's voice. But why is she shouting as she sings? And she's way out of tune!

If I'm just a stranger who just happens to pass by, I would think that the person living in this house must be partying like crazy. I think she's not that sad over her loss. I will have to get a refund for having worried about her.

I rang the bell one time, and the door opened. A beautiful woman with the same long pink hair and blue eyes as Flu welcomed me to enter the house. It takes no deep analysis to conclude that it was Flu's mother.

"Oh! You must be Fluonessia's classmate! Please come in!" Flu's mother smiled.

"T-Thank you." I bowed and then entered their living room.

I was kind of stuttering back there because Flu's mother is a beautiful woman with the same bright aura that Flu does. She's like a grown-up version of my pink-haired Speedmage, just taller and has bigger, bouncier assets.

If that is how Flu would look like in the next five years, I gotta make sure that I will marry her in the future.

I sat on the sofa of their living room while Mrs. Asahime prepares some tea in their kitchen. Meanwhile, I can hear Flu's voice upstairs still singing anime songs.

"Cha la! Head Cha la!"

Mrs. Asahime finally approached me with iced Sencha tea in her hand. She gently put it on the glass table and gave a forced smile.

"I'm sorry for my daughter's noisiness. I am going to tell her that you're here." Mrs. Asahime said.

"Ah, no!" I waved both of my hands vigorously. "I just went here to deliver our assignments and handouts. I don't want to trouble you and her any further, so I will be on my way now."

"But you came all the way from the mainland, right?" Mrs. Asahime said. "You spent a lot of time and money to get here. I would be a waste if you didn't talk to Fluonessia."