67TH GEAR - IT WAS A BACK-STABBING CANCER ALL ALONG

I almost had a heart attack when Vincent pointed at me. Now all eyes, including Gaylord, Lilith, and the entire Eaglecrest Club Members focused on the lone magicless student in the Saint Crusade Academy.

"Pffft! Wahahahaha!" Gaylord chuckled out loud like a dog who is about to puke. "That guy? That magicless human? How is he going to beat Lilith?"

I got slightly hurt by his mockery of me. Sure, I am magicless, but I got my guild proud of me. I broke Merry Knights' record of notoriety. I even got a rookie into the Semifinals of the Regional Speedmage Tournament!

I clenched my fists and gritted with a smile. I took a step forward and looked Gaylord in his bloodshot vampiric eyes. Even though he has a killing aura on him, I will not be scared just because he is one of the most powerful magicians around.

"I am a coach and the navigator of Merry Knights. My name is Jonathan Wardenorth. I believe we've already introduced back in the tournament."

"Oh, the son of Flint Wardenorth. The poor mutant did not inherit any of his parent's magical genes. You are as powerless as you look, young one." Gaylord smiled, revealing his fangs. "You know, a normal human like you has no right to even look at me in the eye."

"You don't scare me, you bloodsucking cocksucking piece of shit," I said.

"Wahahahaha!" Gaylord laughed with his arms spread around. He flapped his coat and pressed his head towards me so that our foreheads are bumping each other. "Look at this tiny brat! He does not know his place! If my memory is right, you are that navigator we beat during the Semifinals! Seeing you frustrate yourself as you look at your helpless Speedmage struggle upon my Lilith's might gives a smile to my face."

"We will win next time! Yesterday's losers are tomorrow's winners! Just because you got lucky winning the championship doesn't mean that you can do it again!" I roared.

"Yesterday's losers will stay as losers. That is all the reality of it. You can dream on, boy. But tell yourself once you woke up to reality and remind yourself that you are a loser, and you are helpless to do anything about it."

"You..." I clenched my fist.

"You know why, Jonathan-boy? Do you know why you are helpless?" Gaylord snickered.

"W-Why?"

"Because you are born magicless. You are destined to be a failure. Deep in your heart, I know that you wanted to become a Speedmage. But you are unable to do so because you are powerless." Gaylord glared.

"Shut up!"

"Be true to yourself. You just joined the Speedmage Tournament to escape reality. To have this illusion, a dream, a delusion, that you can play in the Triangle. It is your means of feeling what is around you, a way of coping with your inner defect."

"Shut up!"

"You are frustrated that you cannot use any speed spells at all. You hated mages all your life, but the truth is, you are just envious of their talent. You wanted to be like them. You wanted to play like them. But unable to do so because of your pitiful wretched existence. You are just a pathetic cowardly loser who is making the people you're coaching fight in your place."

"I said shut up!" I closed my ears.

"Oh, did I hit the nail? Wahahaha!" Gaylord laughed.

"Y-You are wrong!" I roared.

Gaylord's glowing crimson eyes stared at my soul. "I. am. Not. Wrong. You know it. You are frustrated with yourself. You know you could not win the tournament because you lack the most crucial thing of all: the experience of using speed spells! You are an idiot for even stepping into a school as prestigious as Saint Crusade Academy that is meant for mages!"