23RD GEAR - DON'T TAUNT THE CHICKEN, OR ELSE IT WILL TELEPORT

That technique Flu just did was Flash Step, a B-Tier speed spell used by Speedmages. It involves enchanting your feet with mana and giving all your force and speed with one step. It is almost comparable to teleportation, but it has high mana and stamina consumption and is hard to aim.

"Good job, Flu!" I said through the mic.

"Tehehe!" Flu shyly laughed.

Now that we are in the lead with a score of 3:2, we should shift our plan to disrupt Vincent to prevent him from getting more points.

The white contrail streak rushes through the 3rd line, targeting the 1st Checkpoint Tower. However, Prez was already there, her hands spread like a goalkeeper. Vincent tilted to the left and ran a few angles off his target!

Clash!

Prez striked Vincent with her fingers imbued with mana. The magical barriers made a repelling effect, launching both players in opposite directions!

"You won't get past me!" Prez shouted.

"You got the reflexes, I'll give you that," Vincent smirked as he ran once again, but towards the right!

Prez boosted forward with her Ice Accel, trying to intercept the Speedmage Champion once again!

However, a few centimeters before the two Speedmage clashes, Vincent immediately changed his direction to the left! It was a crossover!

Because of the sudden change in direction, Ericka tripped on her foot and failed to follow Vincent!

"Kyah!"

"That was an old-school Ankle Breaker. I never thought you'll fall for it!" Vincent teased before blasting off at almost light speed, leaving Prez in the dust.

Beep!

Vincent touched the 1st Checkpoint Tower, and it indicated another point for him.

The score is now tied at 3:3. Even with the separate roles of Flu getting the Checkpoints and Prez disrupting the opponent, it was not enough. If we continue the same tactic, both girls will be left to dust.

Vincent stopped running after he touched the 1st Checkpoint Tower. He swiped his hand, and a magical sword materialized. He then stabbed the sword to the floor next to the Checkpoint Tower.

I still have to know the purpose of those swords. Come on, show me the purpose of the swords already!

"Listen, Flu and Prez. Forget the Checkpoint Towers. Work together, focus on preventing him from touching any checkpoints, and try to find an opening to strike his back!"

"Roger!"

"Yes, Coach!"

Prez and Flu ran forward in a zigzag-like manner, leaving blue and pink streaks in the shape of DNA. They are ready to charge the Speedmage Champion who is just standing next to the 1st Checkpoint Tower!

"You know what? I'll accept your challenge! We will play tag!"

Any Speedmage enthusiast will find Vincent's words funny. A Speedster like him is not suited for tag fights, especially since his opponents are Striker and Counter. Both Strikers and Counters have superior control maneuvers than Speedsters.

However, he will soon prove me wrong in just a blink of an eye.

Swoosh!

White streaks blasted forward in a straight line, passing through the gap between Flu and Prez!