39TH GEAR - TERRORIZING MADE IT ALL BETTER

The joint training camp is over, so the next day was back to our daily grind in Saint Crusade Academy. The morning turned out to be normal: Flu and I met up at the Eastern Beachfront, and we decided to take the train as transportation to go to school. Flu seemed to be sleepy early this morning, so she didn't have any energy left to grab my hand and dash like an idiot.

Actually, I was fifty percent to blame for her being sleepy this early in the morning. You see, after we get off the train yesterday, she asked me to train her concerning some speed spells in the Speedmage Tactics book I lent to her.

At first, I was hesitant because we have been practicing in the camp and even done some nightly training during the last four days. But Flu's eagerness to get better is somewhat contagious. It's not like I'm doing the heavy work during our nightly training anyway, so I just let her do whatever she wants.

Plus, trying out speed spells from the book is fun. Sometimes Flu's magic explodes, but that is not my concern. We tried practicing at the Eastern Beachfront until midnight, and nobody complained since there are no houses nearby. I guess that will be our venue of practice from now on if the Triangle in Saint Crusade is not available.

Back to the present...

When we arrived at the school, Flu was still out of energy. I dragged her until she settled down on her seat, then I also sat on my respective chair.

"Good morning, Fluonessia!" One of her friends greeted her.

"Good morning..." Flu waved with a smile, then went back to sleep. "Zzzzzzz."

I sighed as I looked at the windows on my left. Our first period for this day is English, which means Miss Terror- I mean, Professor Azure will be lecturing us early in the morning. I just hope Flu stops dozing off when our professor takes the front table of the classroom.

"Good morning class."

Speak of the devil. It is Professor Azure, still as menacing with her smile as ever. She laid down her books and notepads and then scanned the classroom. Students hurriedly went to their respective seats and behaved like good dogs.

"Can I have everyone pass up the homework I gave last week?" Professor Azure said.

"W-We have homework!?" Flu gasped. She seemed to regain all her energy just by hearing Professor Azure's words!

Wait, wait, wait! We are absent during the four-day joint training camp! We have no way of knowing that homework is due today!

"Then after you pass up that homework, pass up that five-page essay." Professor Azure commanded.

"E-Essay!?" Flu shrieked once again. Her eyes are round and wide and it was obvious that she did not know about that either!

"Then pass up the report paper, the self-made reviewer, and the second essay." Professor Azure commented.

"Gah!" Flu cried.

What the heck!? Nobody told me that there are several activities due today! Oh wait, nobody will tell me because I am an antisocial asshole. I have no friends!

If there is somebody who can know that there are activities due today, it was Flu! But Flu is an idiot! She would never think about asking her friends as her mind is always on Speed Battles!

"Now, before we take our first pop midterm exams..."

"We have exams!?" Flu exclaimed with her eyes and mouth wide open. Now I'm just as confused as her!

"...I need everybody to get to their assigned groups to get ready to present their group projects." Professor Azure said.

Flu is not even reacting anymore. She is now stunned like a magical robot, only uttering "Awawawawawa!" in her mouth as a form of coping mechanism as her brain overloaded due to all the activities we just missed.