30TH GEAR - PANDAS ARE BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE

"Your back is wide open! Sonic Jump!"

Beep!

Another blue magical circle point indicator was made yet again, and the score is now 2:5, largely in favor of President Levi!

"Gah!" Cruzo cried as he was launched once again by the repelling effect. He almost tripped on his feet but managed to regain his balance.

"Keep on running, Cruzo!" I shouted.

"Easier said than done!" Cruzo complained. "I'm not gathering enough determination and guts!"

My favorite panda man is now sweating due to the pressure of the fight. There's no problem with his mana, it's just his stamina that I'm looking out for now. Every time Levi scores a point, it shaves off Cruzo's endurance and mental fortitude.

Cruzo's speed is his only advantage in this battle, and we cannot change tactics! His way to go must still revolve around Checkpoint Towers!

"Touch!" Cruzo cried as his fingertips tapped the 1st Checkpoint Tower!

Beep!

Point for Cruzo, now at 3:5, with Levi still in the lead!

Cruzo drifted by using his heavy boots as an anchor again, and then he revved forward with his Earth Accel. Just behind him is Levi who is now ready to touch the 1st Checkpoint Tower!

Six minutes left. I know nothing of Cruzo's spells that would help in this situation, except for Earthshatter, which will be able to counter Levi's Sonic Jump. However, using it is a big risk as it slows the user after casting the said spell. If Cruzo becomes slower, the opponent will catch up and they will engage in a tag fight.

As a Speedster Class Speedmage, that is the one thing we should avoid. We should stick to touching Checkpoint Towers while figuring out how to defend his back.

"It sucks to have a huge body for Cruzo," Ericka commented beside me. "That's the reason why he hardly wins in Speed Battle. He has a huge target on his back."

I gritted. Cruzo's huge back is mainly the problem here. If only his body is a little bit slender, he can easily avoid Levi's strikes. This is a one-sided match from the start.

Wait, if Cruzo's back is the problem, then all we have to do is to hide it!

"Cruzo!" I yelled at the mic. "Have you tried running backward with speed boost?"

"Backwards?" Cruzo asked.

"Yes! Try doing that once Levi touches the 1st Checkpoint Tower!" I immediately said. "Don't worry about not looking in front, I will guide you with my own eyes!"

A split second later, Levi has finally reached the 1st Checkpoint Tower! He tapped it with his heavy hands and scored!

Beep!

Point for Levi once again, 3:6!

Levi gave a devilish grin. He charged mana through his soles, and used a sonic boom to launch forward!

"Ha! Stupid fatso and his huge back! Sonic Jump!"

"Now!" I shouted through the mic.

Hesitantly, my favorite panda man twisted his body and started to run backward. His face looked at the opponent who is rushing towards him! Their heads almost collided, but the magical barrier around them made a repelling effect!

Bzzzzt!

"Grah!" Levi groaned as he was launched backward.

"Guh!" Cruzo also cried, but he was launched towards the 2nd Checkpoint Tower!