60TH GEAR - CONCLUSION AND RESIGNATION

Cold sweat ran down on Vincent's face and nape. He tried to wipe it off using his sleeve, but sweat droplets kept on popping up. He gritted and clenched his fists. He is probably thinking about what shall be done in this situation.

The audience is in shock at this turn of events. Nobody is saying a word. Almost everyone in the arena is a fan of Vincent the Teleporter, so they are quite scared that the reigning Speedmage Champion will lose.

The score is 5:7, with Lilith having the upper hand. There is one minute left before the whistle is blown.

Everybody was frowning, especially me who cheers for my old friend. Ericka is gritting her teeth, and Cruzo is already biting his nails instead of his nachos. We are kept at the edges of our seats, having been forced to see the true terror of the witch.

However...

There is only one person who watched this battle with a smile on her face.

It was Flu.

"Awesome! Lilith is really awesome!" Flu pumped her fists. Her sapphire eyes twinkled in amazement. She is the only one who appreciates the playstyle of the witch.

I want to call out to her, maybe slap her back to reality and take her out of this lunatic trance. Only a person without the right mind would smile at this sudden turn of events, but I guess Flu was already crazy to begin with.

Or maybe she is just embracing the way Lilith conducts her Speed Battles.

My focus went back to the Triangle when my Mystic Glasses detected a rapid spike of mana in the air.

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Vincent screamed out loud as he charged up mana from the atmosphere. He is compressing an absurd amount of it to his body, and his heart. Vincent's blue eyes sparked and glinted as he chanted his last resort spell.

"Land of Swords, come forth!"

An Alternate Reality Field was made in the arena. Thousands of swords are scattered all around the Triangle, and there are a few thousand more floating up in the air. All of the swords are made out of his mana, and he can teleport to each of them at will.

"Ara ara, you have finally taken me seriously, Vincent the Teleporter." Lilith remained to be unfazed by this sudden change as she is still smiling with provocation.

"If touching the Checkpoint Towers is not the way to win, then I will have to strike your back as many times as I want!" Vincent raised his hand with a ninja seal and then whispered. "I am... omnipresent!"

Vincent teleported back and forth on his thousands of swords. He is now creating teleporter afterimage clones of himself.

Ericka gulped. This is the speed spell that ended her Speed Battle against Vincent back in the 2nd Round. This spell is almost unbreakable due to its nature being an Alternate Reality, and the thousands of teleporter clones made it impossible to escape. No matter where you go, no matter what you do, Vincent will catch you.

Lilith may counter one strike if she uses her Aether Switch spell. But how many times should she swap positions with a clone? Hundreds? Thousands? Ten thousands? Unless you are a divine magus with an unlimited supply of mana and ridiculously fast lips to cast it, there is no way she can switch out of this.

"Omnidirectional Strike!"

Thousands of Vincent clones rushed towards the witch who is just standing right on top of a Checkpoint Tower; their hands reaching out in all directions! North, south, east, west, up, and down- there is no escape!