106TH GEAR - THE NATIONAL SPEEDMAGE CHAMPION

106TH GEAR – THE NATIONAL SPEEDMAGE CHAMPION

This is the climax of everything that we have all been through!

Flu has manifested stardust wings on her head, wrists, and ankles. Pinions of Bravery is an Alternate Reality Magic that is the same as Lilith's Gravity Field. Unlike Gravity Field, however, Pinions of Bravery does not modify the landscape. It only modifies oneself.

Flu was able to float up in the air using her stardust magic. At this instance, while her Alternate Reality Magic is active, she will not be affected by any external factors even with another Alternate Reality Magic at play. Everything that debuffs Flu, like the Shout of Terror or the intense pulling effect of Gravity Field, will be rendered useless.

"I-Impossible!" Lilith cried. "You created an Alternate Reality just by using courage?"

Flu smiled as she bent over and touched the ground. She gazed at the astounded Vampirewolf with her determined sparkling blue eyes.

"Let's zip zap, Miss Lilith! Do you still have enough mana to race?"

Lilith gave a menacing smile for a moment, and then she gritted. "Ara ara, don't underestimate me!"

All of a sudden, Lilith vanished! She has used a Blink Strike to appear at Flu's back, and then readied her claws, but-

Bzzzzt!

Flu was able to react in time to deflect that claw away from her!

"That's just dumb luck!" 

Lilith roared as she teleported once again, this time, on Flu's left rear! She swiped her claws once more, attempting to score one final point, but then Flu was able to deflect it once more!

Bzzzt!

Both Speedmages were repelled against each other because of the magical barriers! Flu was able to react in time to swipe her arm to deflect Lilith's advance!

"Grah!" Lilith cried. She gritted and then raised her head to prepare another Shout of Terror! "Awooooooooooo!"

The howl echoed on the whole Grand Arena. However...

It did not have any effect. Even the audience, the officials, and the other people watching this Speed Battle are no longer affected. Most of the people who covered their ears are confused on why the Shout of Terror is doing nothing on them.

All of a sudden, I saw pink glittery feathers raining around the arena. Are we being protected by Flu's Pinions of Bravery?

"Enough petty tricks, Miss Lilith. Come at me with your full speed!" Flu offered a challenge with a smile.

"You want to lose that badly, huh?!"

Lilith smiled as she locked her gaze toward the Checkpoint Tower. The distance is approximately 350 meters, but Flu is guarding it. It doesn't matter if her opponent is guarding it, she can teleport! All she had to do is to speak the speed spell's name to chant!

"Blink Touch!"

In an instant, Lilith teleported towards the Checkpoint Tower! But as soon as she was about to touch it-

"I won't let you!"

Bzzzzt!

It happened so fast. All I saw is just a single flash of pink squiggly lines straight to the final Checkpoint Tower, and it clashed with the Vampirewolf! Flu was now able to run as fast as a teleportation spell without setting up Chain Trampoline!

Both Speedmages were recoiled once again in opposite directions!

Not giving up, Lilith teleported once again!