89TH GEAR - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY BEEPS

It came as a surprise for both Flu and me when Vincent was able to throw a teleporter sword toward the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. It was the very first time he did that, and now we can safely say that Vincent has a really good arm for throwing.

"Speed Battles are not only a contest of speed. It is a contest of tactics. As a navigator, you already know that, of course." Justine said with his head held up high.

I did not react, mainly because it is just the start of the Speed Battle and we still have a lot of opportunities to show what we have learned and trained. I just focused my gaze on the Triangle as the pink contrail streak rushes towards the 2nd Checkpoint Tower!

Vincent had already covered 10% of the distance towards the 3rd Checkpoint Tower when Flu managed to tap the 2nd.

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 1:1!

Right after scoring a point, Flu moved her arm in a circular motion, her fingers coated with pink glittery mana. A thick cylindrical magical circle manifested with the same magical formula as a Stardust Trampoline.

"Coach! Is this angle okay?" Flu asked me.

"Yes! Now go race Vincent towards the 3rd Checkpoint Tower!" I said.

"Roger!" Flu boosted forward once again with her Stardust Accel Exceed, trying to catch up with the Ex-Speedmage Champion.

I briefly looked at the opposing navigator who just erased his smile. He must be wondering why Flu created a thick Stardust Trampoline right next to the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. He may also be wondering why a Counter Speedmage like Flu is trying to beat a Speedster Speedmage like Vincent in a drag race. Normally, a Counter should be shifting her playstyle to a Striker to score some points against a Speedster.

I just sneered at him and then continued focusing on the match.

Just like before, Flu overtook the lead with her Stardust Accel Exceed. And also the same as before, Vincent threw his magical sword straight to the 3rd Checkpoint Tower and teleported towards it!

Beep!

Point for Vincent, at 1:2!

Flu continued to soar through and tapped the same Checkpoint Tower!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 2:2!

On the 3rd Checkpoint Tower, Flu once again created a cylindrical Stardust Trampoline, and then she went back to the race with her Stardust Accel Exceed. Using Exceed is necessary to catch up with Vincent as there is a considerable delay in time whenever Flu is stopping and creating those thick Stardust Trampolines.

Vincent is just in the lead for one second because of his immediate throwing response and teleportation. But Flu is just one step behind. Vincent glanced at his side and saw the smiling Fluonessia. He might be wondering why Flu is not trying to strike his back even though she had several chances already.

"Heh. What are you planning, Miss Fluonessia?" Vincent asked, now curious. "Why don't you strike my back?"

"Flu, don't fall on his provocations! Stick to our plan!" I immediately said through the mic.

"Don't worry, Coach! This may be a little bit boring, but I got this!" Flu said with a smile.

"Eeeeh? Not taking the bait, aren't you?" Vincent teased.

"Please wait until we tapped all the Checkpoint Towers, Mister Vincent! I will show you something really awesome!" Flu excitedly laughed.

Vincent also noticed that Flu never used the Stardust Trampolines she created next to the Checkpoint Towers. He would understand if it was the same teleporter sword that Flu left in those towers, but it is not. Those are just Stardust Trampolines that are used for jumping and not for teleporting.