94TH GEAR - THIS IS ONE MESSED-UP TRAINING DIARY

If you are reading this right now, then that just means that I am dead.

Well, not dead, but maybe I am trying to die. You will learn later why I wanted to die as soon as you finish reading this chapter.

Anyway, I already started the rough draft of my book. I decided to call the book I am writing right now "Speedmage Tournament" and I am planning to keep it all simple like that.

There have been a lot of changes at the time of writing this draft. We devoted most of our time to serious, repetitive, but fun practice, so we will just skip those parts. I will just give a summary of other notable things that happened.

<>

Two weeks of boring study days have come by so fast that it is now the finals. As a standard of the most prestigious academy in the country, Saint Crusade has derived an academic technique to make its standards consistent.

And so, for all the first years, Professor Comette Azure was the one who took charge of all the exams.

"Good morning, dipshits! Today we are taking the Final Exams. I hope you all read the reviewers." Professor Azure said.

"Yes Ma'am!" The students replied.

"...because none of those questions are on this test! Now, the finals is about twenty chapters we never went over in class."

"W-What!?"

"The finals are not multiple choice."

"W-Whaaa!?"

"The final consists of 100 questions, I need five paragraphs of an answer for each question, and don't forget the fifty-page essay question at the back."

"Eeeeh?"

"And this final exam consists a hundred percent of all of your grades in all your other subjects, meaning that if you fail this test, you fail every class you're taking this school year and you get kicked out from this academy."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?"

"Now any questions or violent reactions?"

Several students raised their hands.

"You can submit your complaints right here." Professor Azure magically manifested a teaching stick and pointed to the trash can beside the door.

And there you have it. Miss Terror delivered a devastating blow to all our egos, which terrorized all of us first years in the academy.

<>

After the final exams, we immediately got the results. I had to ask how Flu fare in the finals as we looked at the rankings board.

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Flu hopped with joy. "Look! Look! I got A's in all of the subjects!"

"R-Really!?"

I immediately snatched her papers in disbelief. I scanned all her test scores, and she was right! She got consistent A's on every subject, and some of them are A+!

Right then and there, I was attacked by the abyss of depression. I curled like a hedgehog at the side of the corridor, hugging my test results with B+ scores. Just like midterms, I only answered the questions that will give me a passing score of above 80%. If only I knew Flu would be this smart during the finals, I would have stepped up and tried to compete with her!

Yeah, I know I should be happy that she passed with flying colors. It is way better than having her fail a subject.

But the moment that I saw Fluonessia Asahime at the #1 Rank of all the first years in the final exams, despair caught my heart.