73RD GEAR - THE PASSIONATE BURNING PANDA

I do not know why, but it seems to be like I always get the whole school's attention to me one way or another. I guess it was my curse to be watched by so many mages while participating in trivial Speed Battles like this.

We are here at the Cool Escape Training Grounds, and there is already a Triangle set up for a Speed Battle. Paul Handsomeson is the President of the Cool Escape Guild, so he often gets whatever he wants including the sudden Speed Battle we are about to conduct.

Students have already gathered around. It was an all-familiar scene to me as this is pretty much the same thing that happened to me on my very first day. I am still the navigator, but it was not Flu who will play this time: It was Cruzo. He will be fighting for the love of his life.

On the other hand, Captain Tezza will stand as the navigator of President Paul. I can see on her face that she was the least interested in this trivial matter, but she cannot do anything but obey and guide her president.

The referee for this match is the ever-so-adorable Flu. With her cheerful voice and bright personality, she made this petty duel a pretty big deal as most of the students were now flocking around the Triangle.

I took a look at President Paul. He is wearing a gray metal set of Speedmage Shoes Colossus F1, which is best used as catalysts for steel-based speed spells. Because this type of Speedmage Shoes is heavy and sluggish, it is often used by Strikers.

Cruzo is getting nervous. He is still flustered, but he is trying his best to focus on the incoming game.

"Cruzo, your enemy is a Striker. Try to reach as much Checkpoint Tower as you can, and never get caught." I said.

"R-Roger that, Coach!" Cruzo put a trembling thumbs up and gave a nervous beam. "I-I can do this with my determination and guts!"

Cruzo went to the 1st Checkpoint Tower and talked with our referee Flu. I saw Flu encouraging our big fat panda sophomore with gestures as pumping of fists, but Cruzo remained to be nervous.

I took a look at our opponents to see what they are doing. I have no data about President Paul since he did not participate in the Joint Training Camp and even the Regional Speedmage Tournament. I have heard that he is an absentee lazy President with top-notch narcissism skills.

And I'd say the rumors are pretty much on point. Right now, he is doing push-ups as a warm-up and as a flex because he knows that Cruzo cannot even do one push-up.

"Ninety-seven... Ninety-eight... Ninety-nine... One hundred!" Paul hopped back on his feet and then wiped the sweat on his forehead. "Phew! One hundred push-ups workout done!"

"But you started counting at ninety-seven." Captain Tezza muttered.

Paul ignored his Captain's remark and he just went to the 1st Checkpoint Tower and stood tall while smiling at his opponent.

"Your name is Cruzo Laprazi, right?" Paul asked with a narcissistic smile.

"Y-Yeah. H-Hoping for a nice game with you." Cruzo greeted.

"Heh! This will be a good game, but not for you." Paul flicked his hair and his sparkling dandruff showered around the place. "I will show you not to mess with a handsome president!"

"W-Wait, I did not even know that she has a fiance!" Cruzo cried.

"It doesn't matter. What matters now is that I will crush you right here, and right now." Paul said with a try-hard handsome smile. "Let's just have a bet. Whoever wins this Speed Battle will be Heffy's fiance."