59TH GEAR - SWITCHY WITCHY

As soon as the whistle was blown, Vincent immediately took a step forward and blasted at almost lightspeed!

"Photon Accel!" White light contrails followed Vincent's feet as he rushed towards the 2nd Checkpoint Tower!

"Shadow Accel!" Lilith had a slightly late start, and even though her shoes are enhanced by dark energy, the gap is starting to widen! The difference in speed is just too big that their distance against other is already at a hundred meters!

"Whoa! Vincent is super duper fast! He's awesome!" Flu's blue eyes twinkled.

"That was a good move for Vincent. He is widening the gap between them so that he will be out of range of the Aether Switch spell the moment he touches the 2nd Checkpoint Tower." I said.

"He must have taken note of that one during Flu's match yesterday," Ericka said.

"Definitely," I muttered. "Since Vincent is a Speedster, he will turn this Speed Battle into a drag race."

The gap was already 200 meters when Vincent approached the 2nd Checkpoint Tower and touched it!

Beep!

Point for Vincent, at 1:0!

"Nice one, Vince!" I immediately cried. Since Vincent has already touched the Checkpoint Tower first, it means that Lilith's standard deadlock plan has been thwarted! Lilith can no longer do her dirty tactics now, and she is at a disadvantageous start!

Vincent created a teleporter sword and stabbed it next to the Checkpoint Tower. Then he reactivated his Photon Accel to rush to the 3rd Checkpoint!

Swoosh!

The photon streak continues to grow on speed, while the shadow contrail remains to be stagnant. Lilith is neither speeding up nor slowing down. She is just running at her own pace. 

But there is a catch. Lilith's navigator, Gaylord is just calmly watching the battle.

It takes no genius to conclude that they might be planning something.

Beep!

Point for Vincent, at 2:0!

Vincent has already touched the 3rd Checkpoint Tower! He also manifested a teleporter sword and stabbed it next to the said tower, then he bolted forward towards the next Checkpoint!

Meanwhile, Lilith has finally reached the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. She swiftly slapped it with her sharp-clawed hands to score a point.

Beep!

Point for Lilith, at 2:1!

Right after Lilith got a score from touching the Checkpoint Tower, she immediately yielded and went straight to the center of the Triangle. With this yield, Lilith will be shifting her playstyle into a Striker Class Speedmage.

But why is she going towards the center? Is she going to do what I think?

Dark energy swarmed and swirled around Lilith's feet as she stood still and made a T-pose! A black magical circle with the same formula as a Shadow Trampoline emerged on the ground where she stood.

"Shadow Serpent!"

Lilith jumped thirty meters in height as a tendril shadow kept holding onto her feet. Her dark claws aimed to strike Vincent who is focused on getting to the 1st Checkpoint Tower! The witch is like a cobra attacking an unaware prey!

In the nick of time, Vincent unleashed the mana he is focusing on his brain.

"Dodge Instinct."

In a simple sidestep, Vincent has evaded Lilith's strike!