92ND GEAR - FIRST THERE WAS ONE, THEN IT WAS CHAOS

Flu's eyes sparkled as soon as she heard the phrase "Joint Training with the Eaglecrest Guild." Memories of our past collaboration with the other Speedmage Guilds of the Saint Crusade Academy flashed right into her eyes. She made a double energetic fist pump, and her cute face gave a wide smile.

"A-Another Joint Training Camp?" Stars twinkled on Flu's blue irises. "That is so awesome!?"

"Isn't that right?" President Levi smiled with perfect white teeth.

Having Flu practice among the elites of the Saint Crusade Academy will be a great opportunity. Flu's growth is entirely dependent on the Speedmages she often has a spar with, and that is just usually Ericka and Cruzo. By having more training partners, we could widen the horizon and minimize the use of image training or shadow running. Flu will also be able to learn a lot in terms of countering every kind of Speedmages.

"So, what is your decision, coach of the Merry Knights?" President Levi asked.

"We'll join," I said with a smile. There's no reason to refuse.

"Hey! It's not your place to decide!" Ericka burst out loud.

"B-But I'm the coach," I muttered.

"I am the President!" Ericka stood tall and put her hands on her waist.

Is it because of Merry Knights' pride again? I swear to the gods, our Useless Prez will never get along with any of the other Speedmage Guilds. We will never get along at this rate, so I decided to concede.

"Haaah..." I sighed out loud "Fine, it's your call, Useless Prez."

Levi slightly shook his head with a disappointed smile. He even shrugged his shoulders. Ericka stepped forward and went just right in between me and President Levi. She crossed her arms and gave a smile.

"We'll join," Ericka said.

"That's what I said the first time!" I cried.

"But on one condition!" Ericka raised her index finger, completely ignoring my remark.

"What is it?" President Levi asked.

"Fluonessia's practice session shall still be here in the Merry Knights Training Grounds, so that just means we will borrow some of your equipment whenever the Joint Training is in session."

"Isn't that a little too one-sided?" President Levi frowned. "We're just basically helping you out, and you wanted more?"

"But you will share Fluonessia Asahime's glory in the National Speedmage Tournament," Ericka said.

Sweat ran down my neck. The intensity of these negotiations has surely reached its peak, and now they are just treating my adorable girlfriend like an asset and not a person. Well, I can see where both presidents are going since they want the best interests of their respective guilds.

"Fine."

President Levi sighed and then finally projected back his smile. He lent out his hand, ready for a handshake with our useless president.

"Let's have an Eaglecrest x Merry Knights Collaboration."

"No!" Ericka protested. "Merry Knights x Eaglecrest Collaboration!"

"Is there a difference?" I cringed.

"Big difference! Merry Knights should be mentioned first since the core of this joint training is the star player of Merry Knights!" Ericka said.

"Whatever, you call it what you want." President Levi said.

As Ericka was about to reach for President Levi's hand, the front door opened! Three female students with Cool Escape armbands entered our lobby, and made their presence! I have seen them before already, and in fact, they are there yesterday during the Speed Battle against Vincent!