112TH GEAR - FINAL CHAPTERS CAN NEVER BE DISASTROUS

112TH GEAR – FINAL CHAPTERS CAN NEVER BE DISASTROUS

"The winner is... Jonathan Wardenorth!"

The referee proclaimed out loud. The people who have been watching this entire fight clapped with satisfied smiles on their faces. Some even screamed. Some cried. But all of them are happy.

"Huh?" I muttered.

I looked at my hand and saw mana traces of a red magical circle point indicator. I do not know what happened during that last split second as everything happened so fast.

"Did I... win?"

"Jonathan!" Flu immediately hopped unto me and took both of my hands. Then she started to jump over and over in celebration! "You did it! You defeated me in a fair fight! And that is the most awesome Speed Battle in my entire life!"

"R-Really?" I am still in awe.

"Yes!" Flu interlocked our fingers and pumped our fists. "You are so amazing!"

"W-What happened?"

Flu finally let go of my hand as she tried to explain everything with hand gestures and crisscrossing her hands.

"When we were about to collide during the last second, I made my specialty, the backflip Stardust Trampoline combo! But when I was about to strike your back, your body vibrated, and I just went through! And then when you had the chance to strike, you swiped your fingers to my back!"

"I-I did that!?"

"Of course!" Flu eagerly pumped her fists. Her sincere blue eyes are telling me that she is saying the truth.

I do not know how it happened, but since Flu said it, it must be true. Maybe my brain just shut down on the last fraction of a second and activated my Vibrating Phase spell unconsciously, and the Speed Battle instinct came in when I did the final strike to Flu.

As the victory sinks in me, I heard shouts from the audience seat and even from the viewing stage. Two contrail streaks are coming to our position, one is colored yellow-orange, and one is colored sky blue. It was Cruzo and Ericka. When the two finally braked in front of us, the Merry Knights celebrated.

"Uwooooooooooogh!" Cruzo cried in joy. "I am so happy for you, Coach! You finally achieved your dream of being a Speedmage Champion!"

"It might be unofficial, but I, as the proud president of the Merry Knights, proclaim you the Speedmage Champion. Congratulations, Coach Jonathan!" Ericka smiled, tears coming out of her eyes.

"Oh! Oh! We need to have a proper ceremony for Jonathan's proclamation!" Flu excitedly hopped. Then she opened a dimensional rift from hammerspace and drew out a gold medal with engraved wings and a logo of the Merry Knights Guild. She immediately showed it to the Useless Prez. "Here, Prez! Proclaim him as the Speedmage Champion again!"

"I think it will be much better if it's you who will award him." Ericka smiled.

"Ah, good idea!" Flu raised her arms in excitement. "Well then-"

"W-Wait, you prepared a medal for me?" I asked.

"Of course! You can't be a Speedmage Champion without a gold medal! It's even an identical imitation of mine! I studied alchemy just to replicate gold for the past two weeks, so I bet it will be of the same quality too!"

Flu revealed her real National Speedmage Tournament Championship medal, and she was right. Even though the medal she's planning to give me is a replication via alchemy, it looked like a twin medal. The only thing different is that Flu's gold medal has her name engraved on it, while the replicate medal has my name on it.